Friday, September 1, 2017

It's Fussy & Fancy Time!

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at the 
ANYTHING GOES MIXED MEDIA
 chosen by the very talented Jo.

I must admit, I LOVE the look of mixed media but when I try this style, it never comes out looking like all those beautiful creations I see in Blogland and Pinterest!!  But here's my attempt . . .


Other than the very starting point of using Ranger Texture Paint which I've colored with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide reinker (pistachio) and stenciled with the Memory Box 'Garden Vines' #88523 onto the largest Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Tags' #213, everything else were things I had laying around or in my stash (for years!).

For instance the glass slide sentiment was a Make-n-Take created at the Adventures in Stamping Convention several years ago!  Needless to say I bought everything to make these ... but never got around to it and now I'm not sure how it was even done!  LOL  
(You Tube here I come!)

The flower is an ivory paper rose that I have a whole box of and awhile back decided to ink up a few using Tim Holtz distress inks ... just to see how they would look ... then never used any of them until today!  The hemp is from probably 10 years ago ... yikes, I really need to do a 'clean out'!  LOL


I hope you'll come join in our challenge!  
I could sure use the mixed media inspiration, so I look forward
to seeing what you create!

Challenges to share in:
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #366 - Anything Goes
Star Stampz Challenge - 2 or more die cuts
 Scrapy Land Challenge - ATG with dies
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #298-#299 - ATG
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #134 - ATG

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs 
Accessories:  TH Pistachio Oxide Reinker, Ranger Texture Paste, Memory Box 'Garden Vine' stencil, Recollections Paper Roses, Darice Hemp, Kaiser half pearls, Ivory satin ribbon

16 comments:

  1. What a cheerful and beautiful tag Darlene...love all the different elements! Have a great weekend!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of tags and this one is spectacular! Love all the attention to detail on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic mixed media! Beautiful colors and all those bits and pieces came together perfectly. The paper rose and the glass slide are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who says they aren't good at mixed media, you did a beautiful job of it! I struggle with that too & mine NEVER look this good! Gorgeous tag, DArlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, like tags and this is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene, I'm not sure which Pinterest or "Blogland" you're checking out but your tag is every bit as nice if not a whole lot nicer than the ones I've checked out. Love the mixed media. Love the colours. The mixture of shapes and textures is terrific. Wonderful work! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great example of mixed media to me! You did a great job with the colors, details and adding all those wonderful embellishments. I especially like the sentiment panel with that vivid color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, Darlene!! You did a perfect job with mixed media!! The colors are beautiful and I love the flower!! Absolutely fabulous tag!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. You brought this together just lovely!! I am with you though and totally understand what you are saying, I have tried mixed media too and it never turns out like what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic Tag! I love every layer, every element and all of those perfect color choices! Your frames, flower and that fabulous sentiments are my favorites! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag, Darlene! I love all the layers and different elements you've added to it. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome mixed media tag Darlene. Love how you pulled together the dsp, frames and flower to offset the lovely sentiment. Great job! Thanks for sharing your card creation and joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely mixed media! Thanks for joining us Watercooler Wednesday this week for our 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you've sure packed a lot of detail onto that tag, and made it all work! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty, the colors and design, you know how I LOVE tags!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene