Monday, September 4, 2017

Thinking of You . . .

To All My U.S.A. Friends & Family

While others are having picnic's and parties celebrating the holiday weekend, I'm taking some ME time in the cave today and playing in a few challenges that caught my eye out in blogland.  I know, I should be working on projects for an upcoming show or working ahead on my DT commitments but I decided to just do what I WANTED to do today ... not what I NEEDED to do!  LOL     You ever have days like that?  

Anyways . . . here's what I have to share today.


I spotted the CAS Watercolor September challenge and thought this would be a good chance to practice this CAS style.
  I've said it before I know, but I really struggle with this style.  Is this too much?  Is there enough white space?  I struggle with all that white space and feel I need to add something more ... lol!


And, how much fun is this theme?  
I love silhouette cards so of course I jumped right on this!
I've had this Taylored Expressions 'Beach Border' die for some time now and this is the first time I've used it.  I have way too much (NBUS ... never before used stuff) ... can you say hoarder?  lol

First I die cut an oval from my white card stock panel using the smaller oval die in the Sue Wilson 'Cathedral Background' die set. Next I cut another white card stock panel using the larger oval die from this set.  That is the oval panel I will use to create my background watercolor ocean scene.



By using masking medium, I  punched a circle and used that for my 'moon'.  Next I simply used two different widths artist brushes and started swiping on color.  I glued the 'scene' panel to the back of my white oval cut front panel and popped that panel onto my card base.  Next I popped up my Beach Border silhouette and added my Simon Says Stamp! sentiment.

 
A few other challenges to share in are:
Crazy 4 Challenge - Ocean or Beach

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
ENJOY!

As always . . .

18 comments:

  1. I can't seem to do CAS either! I just need to keep touching it and adding more and suddenly it just isn't anymore. I love the die cuts and the colors are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is perfect for CAS. The silhouette of the trees against the beautiful setting is gorgeous. Loving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I adore this wonderful card! I wish I were there! Love your colors and the silhouette dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great scene to finish off the Summer season, looks so nice and relaxing that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Darlene! This is fabulous! I think it's perfectly CAS. Very nice, clean lines. Beautiful background. Love how you did the background on just an oval. That's a clever part of the design. Me time? I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene, I think the days one does cards just for the fun of it are super days. No obligations to a DT. Just surfing through challenges for inspiration. And what inspiration! Love the clean and simple look of the card. Love the oval of colours in the background. Love those silhouettes. Lots to love in this card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That scene looks mighty inviting. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the background. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene thanks for sharing your CAS Sunset card creation and joining us this week for the Watercooler Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge. Thanks for adding a new word to my vocabulary "NBUS", always wondered what to call that stash I hold on to and don't use. Wonderful die cuts and your sunset is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful beach scene, Darlene! I'm so glad we got you to break out this die! A wonderful scene! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous sunset for your beach scene, the colours are magical. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunset is gorgeous, Darlene. Looks amazing behind that beautiful silhouette beach die-cut. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Darlene! Such a fabulous scene you created! So pretty!!

    Hope you are doing well!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sunset / beach! And great silhouette from your die cut! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What can I say about this but STUNNING!! I love love your watercolor scene..wow!! And lucky you that you could have a day to do what you want (of course I was off having a good time too..lol)..we all need those breaks that is for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous background you created for your silhouette Darlene. Lovely CAS creation, so glad you held back from adding more, this looks just right :)
    Thanks so much for joing this month's Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge
    Anne
    HLS Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card! I love silhouettes of palm trees against the background of your beautiful sky.
    Thank you for sharing with us on HLS CAS.
    hugs,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool silhouettes. Wonderful card. Tfs and for participating in Connie's "Anything goes" challenge this month. Hope to see you work again. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene