Thursday, November 16, 2017

Playing with Nail Polish . . .

Hello Friends!
Have you missed me?  LOL
I was in Michigan from Wednesday (8th) until Monday (13th) visiting with my crafting friend Diane Hover (Nellie's Nest)  and we had a GREAT time.  We didn't spend as much time crafting this visit as we usually do, too close to Christmas so  shopping was on our agenda most days!  BUT she did want us to try the 'Nail Polish Technique' ... so before heading back to Ohio, we gave it a go!!

The first video we watched made it look so easy by simply flicking the nail polish onto the surface of the water then moving it around a bit with a tooth pick or skewer ... but we found we had difficult with that method.  SO moving onto to a few other videos & blogs, we found one where the lady 'gently poured' the polish in a zigzag motion and somewhere along the line it was also mentioned what we believe was the CLUE to the entire process ... YOU HAVE TO BE QUICK!!!

 Here's my panel using two polishes ... Black and Gold Glitter.
Below is the card I created using this panel.
I've purchased these cute penguins stamp from convention a
few months back but had yet had a chance to ink them up ... 
today was the day!  After coloring I fussy cut them and
popped them up.  I also die cut this Cheery Lynn bow die
from black and from gold foil ... using the gold as an outline panel.


Catching the beauty of the sparkle on this card is next
to impossible!  But believe me ... it's SO PRETTY IRL!!

Challenges to share in:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #8 - ATG w/critter
 Animal Friends Challenge #56 - Christmas + animal
Daisy Chain Challenge #14 - Christmas/Winter
Little Red Wagon Challenge #420 - Penguins and Polar Bears

Here's another panel I created and turned into a quick card.
I used red, green and the gold glitter polishes to create this panel.


Wait until you see the panels Diane created!  They are gorgeous!
Believe me when I tell you, it is very difficult to 'cover up' these panels with
images & sentiments ... lol ... they are SO PRETTY on their own.


Thanks for stopping by ...
As Always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.