Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebrating the years . . .

A friend I have had since childhood is celebrating her 60th birthday this weekend and her sister is having a surprise party for her.  She & I spent many days & nights at each other's home during our growing years and although we don't see each other often as adults ... we have remained friends and I'm thrilled to be able to share in her birthday surprise.
 (click on image to enlarge)
 
This is the card I made today to accompany the monogrammed gift set and post-it note holder I made & shared with you the other day.  The invitation to the party was made using an old photo of Judy (circa 1952-53) and I was hoping to incorporate it in her card but it just wasn't working so I found this adorable little girl who just called out to me!
 I thought you might like to see the inside of the card too so here ya go.  Unfortunately I don't always get fancy with the inside of the card but when I do, I like to share it with you.

Now I'm headed outside and get the lawn mowed before it gets dark on me.  It's a beautiful 72 degrees right now but going up to 85 tomorrow and rain on Wednesday so ... yes, I know ... I'd better get out there!!   Thanks for stopping by and all comments are VERY appreciated!!  Hugs to ya!  Darlene

4 comments:

  1. Wow Darlene very nice card and gift set! I love the colors and the lace punch and oh that image is too cute! She will love it!!! IF NOT.... I know some one who would LOL LOL. All kidding aside she is very lucky!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, I love the charm. Good luck with your lawn - not a job I envy you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card hun - gorgeous colours. That little girl is way cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.