Thursday, September 23, 2010

Joan's Gardens Challenge #16

Good Evening friends ... I've had a wonderful day of crafting with my friend Terri (Terri's Cards 'n More).  We were working on Christmas card boxed sets, gift card holders, DT cards and both were very happy with how much we actually got accomplished!! LOL!!  I will share some of those creations with you later ... but now I'd like to show you the card I made for the weekly challenge over on Joan's Gardens.  
 (click on image to enlarge)
Here are the requirements for today's challenge:


Color - Brown and Tan
Embellishment - Buttons
3 Layers (preferably Nesties)
Fall Flower


This was great fun to make but I must admit "it really made me think"!!  I guess that's why they call it a CHALLENGE!!  LOL!!  If you haven't taken the time to get involved in Joan's challenges ... now's the time!  Can't wait to see your creation!!
FYI - the "button" is a vintage button brad which is the center of the flower.  The three layers are Nestabilites Blossom dies.



Hubby took the day off tomorrow so we're headed over to Pittsburgh, PA to see his Mom.  She is 90, has alzeheimer's and we haven't seen her recently ... time to take the day and visit!!
Hugs to you!
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. Darlene, adorable card! I love your vintage button. It certainly brings the entire card together. Great Nesties too! Your leaf background paper is just perfect. Love it!

    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #16 Weekly Challenge. The creativity is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Darlene!! Love the big flower and your colors!! It has a vintage flair and elegance. Hope all is well!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the bg you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Darlene. I like your flower and that vintage buton is gorgeous. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card, Darlene! Wonderful Thanksgiving feeling.
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Darlene, love the autumn feel! Dru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty Darlene!!! Hope you had a great weekend. I just arrived back from Montreal, visiting my girlfriend. Had a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.