Friday, August 21, 2009

Cards to share with you ...

Since it's going to be a very busy weekend ... FAMILY REUNION time ... and mine is ALL WEEKEND LONG. Yep, a full weekend ... I come from a very LARGE family and about 20 years ago we started having just the 1st cousins getting together on Friday evening & Saturday then the entire family on Sunday. There are 42 first cousins and a zillion more 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th. So, needless to say, I probably won't have much time for crafting. With that in mind, I'd like to share a couple extra cards with you today.











First is a card I created for the MOON Challenge over on the CCEE Stampers Challenge blog. Cindy Motherway (SCS: Mothermark) is our hostess this month and she's a VERY clever lady. The first week was the BIRDS & the BEES .... second week was the FLOWERS & the TREES ... this week is the MOON up above .... can you see where this is going???? Those of us from the 60's era remember this song and have no doubt what next week's challenge will be!!! Do you know what it is???









The stamps used in this creation are Stampscapes and Rubber Stampede. Ink colors are Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy & Versafine Black. I've used chalks to color the rocks, ducks and sun shadows. The moon was created by cutting a circle with my Nestabilites and putting it in place before sponging on all my blue shades for the sky ... then I removed it before stamping the trees. Hope you enjoy this creation ... I'm always happy when I can create with my Stampscapes!






****************





My second card for today is a card I created for encouragement to a lady named Maddy Mason. Maddy is from New York and is a stamper over on SCS. This lady has been suffering with a rare form of cancer for a very long time now and is still doing her best to keep a smile on her face and make it through each and every day. Cindy Motherway (SCS - Mothermark) has been an ANGEL of Mercy and kept us all up to date on Maddy situation /progress. If you are interested in sending a card Maddy's way ... please check out the SCS thread located HERE for the address information.


I've used the sketch from The Fresh Batch: Stamps & Smiles Sketch Challenge SASSC29 for the layout and my starting point. I purchased this Spellbinder's Framability yesterday and just had to give it a try. My images are from Cornish Heritage Farms and they were stamped with Versafine Black ink onto a photograph of the clouds which I had taken out of an airplane window a couple of years ago and printed onto white cardstock. The only other embellishments on this card are the Prima flowers and Making Memories brads. A pretty easy peasy card with a powerful message! I hope it makes Maddy smile ... if even for a moment!!






****************





My third & last card for today, is one I just created for fun!!! This is a digital image from SSDS ... isn't it the cutest!! I used SU watercolor pencils & blender pens to color it in then waited for awhile and penciled over it again. I've used the "negative" of a Nestabilities scalloped oval that I had cut for another project to frame him in. The images on the corners are Sugarloaf stamps which I've stamped with Stazon Opaque snow white ink and embossed with Ranger Embossing Pearls and the ribbon is from Michaels.



How do you like my photo staging, LOL!! I've had this DCWV Halloween 12x12 paper laying around for my scrapbooking pages but since my scrapbooking has been on the back burner since I started making cards ... I figured I may as well use it for background when photographing. It kind of helps "get you in the SPOOKY mood" ...






Well FINALLY ... that's it for today. I hope you can find some inspiration from my designs ... I know I certainly do from all of you!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Darlene...wow girl you have been busy!!! Great cards, thanks for sharing them!!! Enjoy your fun filled weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of your cards. Since my favorite color is blue, I really like the lighthouse. You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Have a great time at your family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I don't know how you do it! Love these cards - the stamped photo looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.