Monday, August 3, 2009

Challenge Card Creations ...

I have 2 cards to share with you today which will actually cover 4 different challenges.



The layout for this card comes from the Card Positioning System Blog - Sketch Challenge and my color combination comes from Stacey's Stamping Stage - Curtain Call Color Challenge Act #2. When I layed these required cardstock colors together (Bravo Burgundy, Mello Moss, So Saffron, Whisper White) they immediately reminded me of "Fall" so that is the direction this card took.




My base card is Whisper White which I have used the "ink to paper" technique then stamped my Sugar Loaf spider web image here & there to create my background. The fall designer paper is by Stemma and the other stampsets I've used are H&M Stamps (old fashioned hayride) and GinaK (happy harvest). I've used my swivel craft knife to cut out the scarecrow then popped him up on dimensionals. I've included a small photo of the inside of the card for those who are interested. (Click on any photo for a larger view).



**************


My second card for today is for the CCEE Stampers Challenge - The Birds & The Bees AND the PCP Sketch Challenge (sk080109). This card actually took some extra thinking!!! First of all, I have PLENTY of bird images but I couldn't find anything with BEEs other than this image. I was hoping I would find BEEs on a piece of designer paper ... no such luck!! So this card was basically created around this devilish little Bee image from Kaiserstamps.


My first thought on color was of course black & yellow (the color of bumblebees). Luckily, this cute little "birdie" image from the Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps (summer) has the same color theme. I've used a paper piercer behind the bees to help give them "movement".
Here are all the deets on this creation:
Stamps: Kaiserstamps, Inkadinkado
Papers: YoYo Yellow, Basic Black
Inks: Versafine Black
Accessories: Paper Piercer, The Paper Studio black flower, Prima yellow flower, Making Memories black brad, Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps (summer), Offray gingham wired ribbon, dimensionals


Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget about the Blogaversary candy I have at the top of my blog ... check it out ... you have until this Friday, Aug. 7th to play.

9 comments:

  1. Darlene these are fantastic!! WOW that scarecrow is COOL and love how you did the bg....I love the image and colors on the second one...GREAT cards...thanks for sharing them...oh btw your watermark is a BEAUTY too!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's not to love about those birdie peeps, Darlene! wonderful card and congratulations on turning 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Darlene! I love the fall one. I can't believe how well the main image matches the dp, and I love the spider web background you created. And the second one is just adorable! I love all the yellow and those cute birds and bees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarecrow is awesome! Both cards are beautiful, and they're making me excited for fall to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both super cute! I'm a sucker for anything with bees, and that scarecrow just made me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are adorable, Dar! I especially love the scarecrow card-I'm so in the mood for fall cards right now, and this one's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... you've been quite busy.. Your cards amaze me. I love each and every one. These two are no exception. That scarecrow is precious and the bee's are cute. You really do have such wonderful talent. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, I love your scarecrow card - everything abuot it. And, what a great take on this sketch - I was going to try and do this one this week, but we'll see - my mother and father-in-law are visiting for Hot August Nights and I'm enjoying them so much it's hard to get time for other things. And, I love the image and colors of your Crafty Secrets cards - you really know how to get these cards out! Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.