Sunday, August 9, 2009

Featured Stamper Challenge

Every Sunday over on Splitcoaststampers (SCS), there is a Featured Stamper Challenge. Where one lucky SCS stamper is chosen to be honored that week and the rest of us visit their gallery and choose one of their cards to case. What fun ... and a good way to take the time and visit other crafters galleries.




Today's Featured Stamper is Joanne (SleepyinSeattle). Joanne has a wonderful gallery chocked full of awesome creations and projects! THIS IS THE CARD that I chose to case today. I kept her basic layout but pretty much changed everything else.




Details for this card:

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Serendipity, Verses Rubber Stamps (inside), Penny Black (inside), AMuse (inside)

Papers: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Basic Grey (sugared) dp

Inks: Versafine black, Pink Pirouette (inside)

Accessories: Spellbinder Nestabilities (ovals & scallop ovals), Basic Grey half pearls, Bucket O'Buttons, Prima flowers, SU scallop border punch, Offray grosgrain ribbon, SU watercolor pencils and blender pen, dimensional tape



For the inside of my card I've used a scrap piece of the Basic Grey sugared designer paper which I've punched with the SU scallop border punch to embellish the top. I've stamped the Penny Black butterflies in Versamark and again in Pink Pirouette before stamping the Verses Rubber Stamp sentiment on top with Versafine black ink. The little happy birthday sentiment is by AMuse.

********

On a different note:
Through out my DH's cancer journey and stem cell transplant over this past year, you folks have helped to keep my mind occupied and given me so much support! Several have asked how my husband is doing these days since I've not been posting an update every whipstitch. Well, even though he's still on that long road to recovery, we were thrilled last week to hear the results of his latest PetCT Scan --- ALL CLEAR ... NO SIGNS OF CANCER!!! Praise God!! Thank you again for all your prayers and support! God Bless You!!

9 comments:

  1. omsgosh, I had no idea your dh had cancer. That is horrible. I'm glad to see he's doing well. I would have done my best to support you had I been a blog reader long enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar, so glad the PET came back clear. That is wonderful news as I'm sure both you and Mark are sitting on cloud nine. Happy for you both, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card for the featured stamper challenge. The colors, layout everything is perfect. What fantastic news for you and Mark. Will continue to pray for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, Your card is very nice but your news is the BEST news ever!!!!!! Praise God is right!!!! He is an awesome God!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is GREAT news Darlene!! Am sure that you are relieved that the scan results came back so good!

    p.s....Love this card! Perfect colors, and all of your details make it all flow together well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlne,
    I am so thrilled to hear your wonderful news about Mark. I know it has been a long hard struggle, but to get this news is the best thing!!!

    Your card is beautiful too.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, and glad to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wondering how things are going for Mark and you, Darlene..... and I am so thrilled that the PetCT scan was all clear!!! What fabulous news!! I'm so happy for both of you!!

    Big hugs! debzi333 on SCS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.