Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not ONE but TWO Crafty Secrets Challenges ...



Hello Everyone ... I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week!!





Today I have TWO Crafty Secrets challenge cards to share with you!! First is for the SCS Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge ... hosted by Marcy (kiddielitter). And this week, we are "Going to the Fair". This is an Inspirational Challenge and it was great fun! With Mark's illness, we haven't been to the local summertime Fairs in a couple of years (so sad!!) and creating this card really made me realize just how much I miss those times together ... OH WELL ... there's always next year, right!!!





This card has NO stamping or ink ... but a lot of fun images & fond memories! I've used a Red, White & Blue theme to spotlight the American traditions. The images of course are Crafty Secrets ... from the Seasonal Booklet. The Bingo card and tickets are RAKs from my friends Kris Dickinson and Robin Woodward. (you can click on their names to check out their blogs ... awesomely talented ladies!). And, the striped grosgrain ribbon is from Michael's.



********



My second card for you today is for the We Love Crafty Secrets Group challenge over on Paperee and hosted by Julie Campbell. Julie has requested our creative energy lean towards FALL. Here I've used the Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps for my sentiment and the image is from the Crafty Secrets Seasonal booklet. The papers I've used are SU old olive, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip and very vanilla. The designer paper is Debbie Mumm for JoAnn's. My maple leaves and acorns are from the Spellbinder's Shapabilities Fall Leaves diecuts. I've also used Bead Party Braiding Cording as an embellishment around my image. I'm very happy with how this card came out ... hope you like it too!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you're having a GREAT day! The sun is shining here in NE Ohio ... that means I'd better quit playing and get some work done, LOL!!

9 comments:

  1. More fabulous cards! Congratulations on winning the Royal Loyal Award from Midnight Madness. Looking forward to seeing your card for this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these are great, Darlene! Especially the fair card... love the Bingo card for the base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the fall card. Makes me long for the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene girl these are FANTASTIC!!! OOOO Love that fair card, how cool is that!!! Great cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is beautiful! And look at all your followers--you're a ROCKSTAR, Darlene! Your Fall card is just beautiful--I really love it! Well done, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Darlene!!! Love your bingo card that has really gotten my creative jucies going!! Both cards are really really cool you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Crafty Secrets cards but I guess my favorite is the Fall one. Love the great colors and the way you laid it out. Very rich looking. Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.