Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SCS Crafty Secrets Forum Challege

It's CRAFTY SECRETS Challenge time again!!! And what a fun challenge idea LoriLynn has come up with today!! She has asked us to STAMP IT AGAIN!! What does that mean exactly you asked ... well, here is what Lori had to say:



I find myself using the larger stamps in sets then forgetting about the cute
smaller stamps found in each set. This challenge was created as an easy use of
the smaller forgotten stamps in your stash. This week I challenge you to use a
stamp more than once on your card. You could make your own designer paper or
use a sketch that uses multiple images as the focal point.




So, for my creation, I decided upon the Crafty Secrets Garden Girl set and went from there! I used the "stamp it again" technique to create my background paper using 2 of the smaller stamps in the set. The "pot of flowers" and the "garden notes sentiment". I used Versafine Sepia ink for this portion of my card so the focus would be drawn to my main image which is a Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps (flowers) image and the "garden girl" sentiment. For the sentiment, I used the Nestabilities Large Label dies and sponged while it was still in the die using summer sun & versafine sepia inks. My embellishments are Prima flowers, Making Memories brads & Offray olive satin ribbon.




Again, for those of you who enjoy seeing the inside of the card, here you go. I kept this one relatively simple but just stamping the pot of flowers & gardening spade from the Garden Girl set in the corner with Versafine sepia. I'm sending this to a friend of mine and wanted to be sure and have room to write her a note




HAPPY, HAPPY Day to you all! Now, I MUST get some housework done .. you all know how that is!!! LOL!!!

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Great work - the challenge was perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Darlene, you rocked this challenge...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!! You did an amazing job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pops of yellow and red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card... I need to start stamping again!!!!

    Stop by my blog and see the surprise I have left for you!!!
    http://dreamingofcastles.blogspot.com/2009/08/nenos-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with the others... absolutely stunning! gorgeous, darling and beautiful. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty!! Love that image and the way you did your background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.