Friday, August 28, 2009

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone ...

GOOD FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!


Here we are at another Friday again all ready! My but the time is flying!!! With that being said, it's time again for another STAMP SIMPLY CHALLENGE over on Sharon Johnson's NoTimetoStamp Blog. Today Sharon is "nudging us" to step out of our comfort zone for today's creation.



For me, two ideas instantly came to mind .... (1) I don't typically do "cutsie" stuff and (2) I rarely do 3D projects. SO ... I decided to do both!!



If you saw my previous post, you will know that I got together yesterday with some of my stamping buddies and some of the goodies that Terri brought to share where these awesome Halloween diecuts. I must admit, a lot of these were VERY large and designed more for use in scrapbooking ... but I decided to use an A-6 sized card to "make it work". There is NO stamping on this card (oh no ... I'm going into withdrawal, lol). But this cat & bat where just too cute not to use!! I SIMPLY adhered this Halloween designer paper from Debbie Mumm's Harvest & Holiday Pack, which is sold at JoAnn's ... then popped up the cat & bat with dimensionals!! THAT'S IT!!! This definately isn't ME ... unless I can figure out how to add ribbon & lace to it, LOL!!!


Now for my 3D project!




I must admit I was getting some helpful advice on creating 3d projects yesterday with stampin' buddy Lana (she has a wonderful mind for 3d). I purchased a variety of different sized tins a long time back with "altering" them in mind, but needless to say, I wasn't real sure where to begin so they have sat on the shelf until today!!


I am SO proud of this piece (patting myself on the back, lol). The inside image is actually 3D also. I've purchased several of these 3d pre-cut sheets from The 1870 Shoppe in Zoar, Ohio ... have put them together and sat them aside until such time to make a card or in this case use on a 3d project.




On the lid ... I've used a brown Sharpie marker to color around the frame, added this awesome leaf vine ribbon (thanks Terri) and Embellish It metal butterflies at the corners. My sentiment is by Serendipity. I've stamped it onto white cardstock with Versafine black ink then embossed with detail clear ep. Using my Fiskars swivel craft knife, I cut around the words then antiqued it by sponging with Ranger Antique Linen & Vintage Photo distress inks. It is adhered with a pop dot.


On the inside ... I've used K&Company Ancestry designer paper for the background ... stacked dimensional tape on the back of the 3d image for extra dimension and added another Embellish It metal butterfly at the top.




SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!! I have to admit, it was kind of fun "stepping outside my comfort zone"!! You should try it ... then pop on over to Sharon's blog and play along with today's challenge!! It's raining (and supposed to all day!) here in NE Ohio so guess what I'm going to be doing ... LOL!! You guessed it ... I'm headed back to my craftroom and PLAY!!! What ever you decide to do today, I hope it's FUN!!! Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. Spooky...that bat scared me to pieces but you did it and had fun stepping out of the box. Looks like you had a great time with your friends. Happy weekend. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Darlene -- these are both JUST darling!!! I LOVE the Halloween project -- fun stuff!!! And your 3D box is totally adorable!!! Great work in stepping outside of your comfort zone -- job well done!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The altered tin is absolutely fabulous Darlene!! I think you did a great job... I don't do 3D well either... but with a little push we all seem to manage.
    The Hallowe'en card is awesome too.. I just love Hallowe'en!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of these projects came out great! I love them both, especially the tin one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Girl both your projects ROCK!!! I LOVE your halloween card, and your tin is BEAUTIFUL GF!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your projects are awesome! I love the Halloween one and your little tin with the scene inside is beautiful! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh these are soo cool, I'm so sorry I am so far behind on my visits. I have missed so much!!! AWESOME totally AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.