Friday, September 4, 2009

Stamp Simply #103 & Stamps and Smiles

Oh my gosh .. can you believe it's Friday again already! I know, I say that every Friday but they are coming and going so fast ... that means I'm getting OLDER ... FASTER!!!! YIKES!!



For the Stamp Simply Challenge today, the topic is OVERSTAMPED SENTIMENTS ... merely stamp your sentiment OVER your image. I've decided to stamp my image & sentiment over designer paper from the K&Co. Ancestry 12x12 pack. VERY simple and yet very striking (in my opinion)!



My only embellishments used on this card are the Colorbok metal dots in the upper & lower corners. The floral stamp is from the SU Oh So Lovely set and the sentiment is by Art Impressions. I used a blender pen with Ruby Red ink to color in my poppies and filled in the center with a Creative Memories gold metallic pen.



Don't forget when uploading to either SplitcoastStampers or Papercraft Planet ... be sure to use keyword: ssnotime103.


**********************



Another creation I would like to share with you today is for The Fresh Batch blog ... Stamps and Smiles Weekly Sketch Challenge.






I've turned things around a bit but you can still get the drift of the layout. Here are the details:


Stamps: JustRite (Thinking of You)
Papers: Brocade Blue, Almost Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Wisteria designer paper
Inks: Versafine Black
Accessories: Martha Stewart flower punch, various Stickles, Hobby Lobby satin ribbon, Nestabilities (classic ovals), dimensional tape



I don't think I've ever made a card that used this many paper flowers ... but I really like how it looks! I'll have to remember this layout!! Again, when uploading to SplitcoastStampers or Papercraft Planet don't forget to use the keyword ... in this case it would be SASSC31.


************

ON A SAD NOTE .... I will be sending this card along to a family who lives in our neighborhood and lost their 13 year old son yesterday. Over the weekend, this young man was doing what a lot of young boys of his age do ... riding his bike with some buddies! Somehow he fell off his bike, hit his head but didn't seem too concerned ... he wasn't bleeding or in any pain. Within hours he was at Cleveland Clinic in a comma and past away yesterday afternoon.


From what I can gather, his injury was similiar to that of actor Liam Neeson's wife, who had that skiing accident last year and although it didn't seem that bad at the time ... within a few days she was gone! Please say a little prayer for the Spencer family! Thanks

16 comments:

  1. As for the first card. I adore poppies! And the sentiment is perfect. The card is beautiful with those two as the focal point. Love it!
    And for the second card...... Those paper flowers are fantastic. what a gorgeous card you've made with them. what a great take on the sketch too. another fabulous creation.
    I'm very sorry to hear about your neighbors son. How devastating. I'm sure your card will help comfort them. especially knowing that someone cares. I'm so very sorry . And I'll be saying a prayer for the family.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Darlene both of these are gorgeous!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Darlene both of these are gorgeous!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene
    You did an amazing job on this weeks Stamps and Smiles layout challenge! What I really like is how you divided the paper with the flowers in between. And that perfect bow...beautiful.

    Thanks for playing along this week at Stamps and Smiles.

    Jennifer SASSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards!! Both such great examples with patterned paper....something I really struggle with. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems to be more common these days, that Billie Mays (the infomercial guy) hit bumped his head on an airplace and that caused his death either later that day or the next day. As a mother it freaks me out that it's all over the news lately, every time my kids fall I get so scared....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poppy card is VERY striking! I can't get my watercolor pencils to look that great!!! Do you use oderless mineral oil or anything other than a blending pen? You're the Queen of coloring, in my book.

    Prayers are up for your friends who lost their young son. That is so tragic. I'm having a talk with my niece and nephew tonight about always having that helmet on. Do yo live close to Cleveland? I have family in Lorrain.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE your card! You did a great job on the sketch this week! I am sorry to hear about your neighbor's son, I'm sure they will appreciate the card and your kind words.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing creations!! Such elegant and beautiful cards; love that you've used so many flowers on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps and Smiles :D
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are so beautiful Darlene...and I'm so saddened to hear about the young man...I will definitely pray for his family...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is heartfelt as is the sad news. May God use you to bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again -- I meant to say how I adore the overstamped sentiment on the poppys! As I told Janine -- overstamp ... over achiever! It's a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, Darlene! Everything you do is just lovely. So sorry about your neighbors...what a tragedy...they will be in my prayers.

    Just a quick thanks for all your sweet comments on my baby blog--you're a wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for the need for this card. My heart goes out to the family.

    I love how you've used two different papers and used the flowers over the join.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry about your neighborhood's loss... a kids death is just so hard on everyone.

    your card is gorgeous, even though it is for a tough situation.

    Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles! and remember we just uploaded our new sketch today.

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Darlene! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps and Smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.