Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Midnight Madness #34


Hello again my friends! I decided to try & jump start my mojo by doing today's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. This challenge blog always inspires me so here we go!! Here is the sketch we had to work with today. The first thought for my creation was to try and use one of the many images I had laying on my worktable. I had printed this particular image in several sizes and never got around to using any of them so that's where I began!

This image is called "Thoughtful Woman" and came from the "Free Antique Images" blog. I also wanted to reduce the size of my scrap pile so the designer papers used here came from that scrap box. The background panel is K&Co. Ancestry designer paper and the corners are Graphic45. My base card is Very Vanilla and the matting is Pink Pirouette.
I image was printed in black/white then colored using ZIG Photo Twin markers. The corners have been doubled. The bottom triangle was a 2" square cut in half ... the top triangle was a 1-1/2" square cut in half and dimensional tape was used between the two triangles for added dimension.. Kaiser half pearls were used to embellish the corners and a Kaiser designer pearl was also used in the upper right corner. Scraps were used to punch out the branches using the Martha Stewart branch punch. Nestabilities classic ovals & scallop ovals were used for the main image and finally the sentiment is from Stampendous!
This took me a little longer than it should have but that's okay ... I'm happy with the outcome and I'm glad to be back to crafting. Thanks for stopping by today.

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I was working on my card for following this sketch, but then I saw yours and ... well.. I have to start over again. You set a high standard girl!!

    Beautiful!

    Mvh
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty card. You are so good at these vintage images. I was at my MIL last week and she was showing me some old vintage postcards she had.. I loved them. I was telling her about your cards.. I love your new fun background. Very pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. UM WOW!
    LOVE that image and how you added the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene - another gorgeous vintage card - you do these so well! I love that image and how elegant you havemade her!! Your touches are always so lovely! Perfect colours too! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we appreciate your support Darlene and the inspiration you give is!! We look forward to seeing you next year! Happy New year to you and your family! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dar, this is a gorgeous card. You will have to show me how you did the coloring on the picture. Way cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene this is a wonderful vintage inspired card. I just love the design elements, the image, and the colors...just exquisite. Thanks so much for playing along with Midnight Madness. Wishing you and yours a very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :0}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful vintage card Darlene!!! Love your use of the punch to frame your image!! The twigs are perfect!! Awesome colors and take on the sketch Darlene!! I always enjoy seeing your take on these sketches!! You truly inspire!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo gorgeous! Love all the yummy papers you have to rummage through!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely vintage card! Your choice of dp and embellishments are PERFECT! Great take on the sketch challenge this week at Midnight Madness. Thanks so much for joining us again this week and sharing your talent!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene this is gorgeous!!! I love your vintage image and your details are wonderful! Thanks for playing the MMSC so faithfully! Your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhhhhh FANTASTIC ...nough said...WOW We are off to a great start in the new year. Please be sure to check in tomorrow for some of the new changes with our MMSC. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and as always we love the inspirations our players give to us. Thank you :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene! Beautiful job coloring the b/w photo! Just the perfect amount of color! Fantastic job on the sketch. Thank you for joining us again this week!

    Sue
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.