Friday, January 29, 2010

Raise the Bar Challenge #3

Happy Friday Everyone!!!
It's time for another
Raise The Bar Challenge.

Today's challenge is
"Older The Better" ... do you have OLD designer paper that has been buried on the bottom of the pile ??? Maybe it's too pretty to cut into or just designed in such a manner that you're not really sure what to do with it??? Well, that's what we're looking for today!!

(click image for larger view)

Looking over on my paper stand of 12x12 papers, I noticed this
OLD Stampin' Up Simply Scrappin' Vintage Keepsakes Kit and since I couldn't even remember making this purchase, I figured it was "OLD ENOUGH!!" The paper, tag & compass sticker are all from this kit. I used the Our Daily Bread "Light of the World" stamp set for the lighthouse and sentiment. Did a little paper piercing, added Michael's gold ball gems and some green twine from Stamp By Step ... and my creation was complete.

We at Raise The Bar would like to THANK all those who played in our challenge last week and hope that you will join in on the fun again this week! Don't forget, if you need more inspiration, check out the blogs of my co-bar tenders listed below:

Anita ... Sparkle ... Suzi ... Audrey ... Joni (Head Bar Tender)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are having a wonderful, warm day! It's EXTREMELY cold (17 degrees for a high) here in NE Ohio. Good time to stay indoors and create! Okay ... I talked myself into it ... headed for the Crafting Cave!!! LOL!!!

6 comments:

  1. Darlene -- this is beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful "old" card, Darlene! A great idea for a challenge, too! I'm so glad your Mom had a wonderful birthday--she sounds like my MIL--she'll be 80 this year and she's involved in everything socially, throws parties at her house for her friends all the time, and is still a world-traveler! I hope I have that much energy when I'm her age!

    Thanks for the visit! Hope you stay warm in the Crafting Cave today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Dar, and my Mom (fan of lighthouses) would too! It's really gorgeous and warm, and what a beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohh, this is a lovely card hun!
    Stay safe in the cold weather, bit chilly here too in Scotland today - northerly winds and snow showers forecast - bbbrrrrrrr.
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love everything about it. You are my idol. I changed my blog background. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I LOVE THIS card!!! Such great color combos, fun layout and awesome details! FABULOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.