Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crafty Secrets Challenge

This week's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on SCS is hosted by Pammyjo and she has asked us to "Think Pink" ... that's right, use the color PINK in your creation.

 
(click on image for a larger view)
I chose this adorable image from the Crafty Secrets "Girlfriends" booklet.  My base card is Whisper White and I have used Bazzill green cardstock and the designer paper came from The Stamp Pad and has no mfg. identifier on it. 

I've used the Martha Stewart heart punch along the edge then ran Michael's pink dotted swiss ribbon through the hearts and tied a bow in the middle. I also used an American Crafts gold glitter pen to accent the oval frame.  Kaiser half pearls were used down the side and to accent around the main image.  The strip left from the heart punched border was used to decorate the envelope flap.

The "journaling" portion of this image was also used for the inside sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up "In My Thoughts" stamp set.  (click on the inset for a larger view)

Thanks for your visit today!!  I hope you are having a wonderful week!! 

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Darlene -- and all the little touches are so 'just right.' I love using the border scrap on the envelope - clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how pretty the pink and green look together! Love the border - so sweet! The image is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darlene this is beautiful!!! What great colors!!! LOVE the pearls and ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love the colors, image, and all the bling!!!Very lovely..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Darlene as usual you nailed it! Gosh how do you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty & pink, Darlene! Love this image--almost used it myself for this week! Not quite done with mine yet...MIL is here, and haven't had much time...I think I'll get it done tomorrow!

    Hope everything's great at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic color combo Dar! Perfect choice in that heart-border and those pearls are a nice touch....beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card! Love the punched border and pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.