Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MMSC #46 and health updates ...

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

Let me begin by saying that today is a VERY GOOD day here at the Pavlick house!  My sweet husband had surgery this morning to remove his chemo port now that he has remained cancer free for the past year!  Oh Happy Day!!!

And an update on our grand-daughter's friend C. J. is a positive one.  He underwent several hours of surgery yesterday to repair his broken (4 places) Pelvis and came through it very well.  They said he won't be allowed to walk for 3 months ... a very long journey ahead for this young man but with love & prayer, he too will get through it one day at a time!  Your continued prayers would be appreciated!

NOW FOR TODAY'S MMSC CREATION ...

(click on image for larger view)
I have to say I really look forward to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge each week!!  And now that they offer two versions of the sketch ... it's even more fun!!  Last week was a bad week for me so I went with the EASY sketch ... this week I went back to the more elaborate sketch!  What FUN!!
Here are the details on my creation:

Vintage Image:  Shabby Chic Papirskatter
Papers:  Sage Shadow, K&Co. designer paper
Accessories:  Kaiser pearls, Pink Stickles, Michaels satin ribbon

Please stop back later when I hope to share my Crafty Secrets Challenge creation with you.  After seeing the clues provided yesterday ... I took the chance I had it right & created  my card.  Now that SCS is down for maintenance, I can't find out if I had the challenge right or not!  Uugh!!  Either way, I will share it with you later today!! Happy Stamping!!

18 comments:

  1. That's great news Darlene! Nothing is more important that health, love and understanding. All the best. P.S. Your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hun - really love those vintage piccies!
    Great news on both fronts - yeay for the guys!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love your color combination and your image is lovely! So glad all is healthy in your home. :0) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news on all counts!

    Gorgeous card, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene what wonderful news...!!! That is so awesome sweetie!! Your card is sooo beautiful, I LOVE these colors and that awesome bling!!! What a pretty image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene what a great day for you and the wonderful news for your husband. Your cards are always such a delight with your wonderful vintage image. It's simply exceptional. Thank you so much for participating in the challenge at Midnight Madness with us this week. We really enjoyed your wonderful creation!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news on both counts. Gorgeous card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy girl are you quick!! Love your vintage creation and your take on the sketch!! Gorgeous colors and choices of dp!!

    Glad to hear about the good news about your husband and CJ!! Oh happy day!!

    hugs,
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to hear such wonderful news about your husband today! Love the colors in your midnight madness card.

    Since I have the inside scoop on this week's CS challenge, I'll tell you that it's all about textures - using a variety of textures on our projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God for all the good news today! I believe in the power of prayer!

    Love your fabulously vintage card. You do these images so pefectly! The layers, ribbons, nad the bling is just divine!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news, my friend! So glad things went well for Mark today and that C.J. is doing so well...what a blessing!

    Your card is beautiful--love that vintage image!

    Hope tomorrow is just as wonderful for you as today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is a gorgeous hun, love this one!!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene, what a beautiful image of the young girl. Your colors are wonderful together. Your take on the sketch is awesome.

    Congrats to you and your entire family for the great news. What an amazing day, and one I am sure everyone was looking forward to.

    Sue
    MMSC's March Guest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Darlene - what a great day and reason for great rejoicing in your household!!
    I love this card - I love all of your cards- your always find the loveliest vintage images - I love the layers and the ribbon, then of course there is your bling - gorgrous Darlene! We love coming and seeing your cards created using the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we appreciate your support and would love to see you again next week! {{[hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darlene this card is just stunning I love what you have done with it!!!!!!!! So vintage!!! I am rejoicing and praising God for your wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooo thrilled for you both.. How wonderful.. He must be so happy.. I know you are.. :) Your vintage is beautiful. I am practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darlene, this is such good news for both you and your hubby, you must be thrilled to bits. I will keep your granddaughter's friend in my prayers, what an ordeal to go through, but we all know how powerful prayer can be!
    I just adore your card this week. That vintage picture is just beautiful and I really love the colors you chose for this one. Your dp is so sweet and matched perfectly with that pretty deep pink ribbon! Just beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darlene, what a lovely image that you have used with this weeks sketch! Wow, great card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    Midnight Madness DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.