Happy Friday Everyone!
Today I'd like to share with you a "Gift Card Holder" which is very easy and can be created for ANY occasion! The basis for these gift card holders came from a posting I saw in the September 2010 CardMaker magazine (pg. 75) by Rhonda Visser Johnston. I have however made a few changes to "make it my own"! The size is different and I've reversed which side you enter your gift card.
Here is a look at the END result using 1 sheet of 12x12 card stock and various designer papers ... I've used the DCWV Wintertime Matstack. You can decorate these holders however you'd like ... depending on the occasion you are celebrating! Here I've used digi images from Delicious Doodles on TWO holders and K&Co. chipboard images on the THIRD.
Here are the steps you'll need to take:
1. For the base card holder, use ONE 12x12 sheet of cardstock and cut it into THREE 4" strips.
2. Score each 4" x 12" strip at 5" and 10" and fold on score lines to create the cover & card pocket.
3. I like to border the edge of the card pocket using a Gold Pilot marker in order to define where the edge of the card pocket starts.
4. The finished card holder measure 4" x 5" when closed, so they fit perfectly into an A-2 sized envelope.
5. As you can see, you can also add a sentiment to the inside cover if you'd like ... or leave blank for a hand written message to the recipient.
So, there you have it ... like I said, very easy to create and I hope you give them a try!! I'm working on SEVERAL for an upcoming craft show! Here's a close up of the other two holders in this set.
Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and if you make some of these fun holders, please post back here with a link ... I'd LOVE to come see your creations and leave you some love!!
Enjoy your weekend!!!