Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Sisterhood & Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Day . . .

That's right ... I have TWO challenge 
creations to share with you today! 


First is my card for today's challenge at The Sisterhood!  I happen to be your hostess today and I'm asking you to ADD SOME SPARKLE, SHINE ... BLING to your creation.  How easy is that!!  I just happen to have this gorgeous glittery ribbon that I purchased at the Flower Factory a year or so ago and couldn't wait to use it on SOMETHING!!  LOL!!   The designer paper is from DCWV Nana's Nursery and it too is 'sparkly' ... add a sentiment & a rub-on ... viola!  Done!  I hope you'll come join us for some fun ... you have until 11 PM on Tuesday, Oct. 19th to add your creation! 

* * * * *
Challenge #2 for today is over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.  Today we are "FLYING" ... that's right ... ANYTHING THAT FLIES qualifies you for a prized offered by our sponsor this week . . . TIFFANY DOODLES DIGI STAMPS.  Please come join in the fun!  Here's mine ... what do you think??

 (click on image to enlarge)
I've used this beautiful cardinal digi image from yet another digi store ... Delicious Doodles.   Here are the items used in this creation:
Papers:  Whisper White, Real Red, DCWV dp
Ink: Versafine Black, Old Olive
Accessories:  Nestabilities Labels 14, sponge applicator, SU Photo Corner punch, Prismacolor Markers, Martha Stewart icicle border punch
 I'm doing a bit of 'multi-tasking' with my DT creations lately ... trying to get my holiday cards DONE while satisfying DT commitments ... it's working out great so far!  LOL!!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hubby has another 'scope' to go through at the hospital this afternoon ... please pray the results are GOOD ... still hanging in limbo as to whether there are cancer cells or NOT ... hopefully this time we'll get a better feel for what's ahead!  

Hugs,
Darlene

9 comments:

  1. Super cards hun, love the Cardinal, but then I would, wouldn't I? LOL
    Everything crossed for the hubby. . .
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene!! Thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Dar!! Your coloring is beautiful!! I'll be keeping your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card D!
    and sending best wishes too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so pretty Darlene. I love your bird card! the sentiment is a lovely font and your sponging around the image is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Darlene.!
    I left something for you on my blog
    Have a great weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are absolute beauties, Dar! Love all the blingy goodness on your first card and your cardinal is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, love the bling..... perfect topper and just the right amount of 'bling'..... and that cardinal card is beautiful. Totally love it. Love how that die cut focuses the attention on the bird.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.