Sunday, July 10, 2011

MORNING GLORY TAKE-OVER

Happy Sunday to you all!  

As we were leaving for breakfast this morning ... I noticed how many beautiful Morning Glories were in bloom and thought I'd share them with you.  KEEP IN MIND ... I did NOT plant any of these plants ... the birds & Mother Nature took care of that for me!

ONE WEEK LATER
Yes ... I planted the Petunia pot ... but did NOT plant the Morning Glory Pot.  It was sitting empty near the rose bush where a couple Morning Glories showed up last year and evidently seeds dropped into the pot and VIOLA!  A pot of Morning Glories came to life this Spring.

ONE WEEK LATER
Isn't this just beautiful??  When I noticed the Morning Glories showing up all around my other plantings along the side of the garage ... I positioned this beautiful set of wind chimes our friends from Toledo gave us when we moved into our home in Akron, so they'd have something to climb on.  THEN I had to go purchase another trellis device as there were too many for the windchimes.  Would you believe there are Liatris & Black Eyed Susans planted in amongst these Glories!!  Or at least they are TRYING to survive in there!

** Click On Any Image to Enlarge **

AND LOOK AT THIS ... around the back of the garage where the 'man door' is located (which you can't even use right now) ... I do have a trellis where I originally started planting my Morning Glories (something my Dad always had at the base of the Old Oak Tree in the back yard) ... but now they aren't happy with the trellis I put up for them and have taken over the PAD at the base of the door. 

I don't have the heart to disturb them so have told hubby to go through the big garage doors and let them 'do their thing' until winter starts and I'll take them out.  

I just can't believe how they have TAKEN OVER but I am enjoying the beautiful early morning flowers and hope you have enjoyed seeing them too.  Have a great day!

Hugs,
Darlene

4 comments:

  1. hi Darlene...gorgeous flowers for a beautiful Sunday morning..tfs I NEED a crafting day...wana plan a get together? hugs, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift from Mother Nature!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your secret, I planted some in full sun this summer and they were not lush like yours, do you have them in morning sun only? I have white ones that grow in the shade greenbelt white ones, thought they would be a piece of cake to grow. where do you live, I live in the Pacific Northwest? thanks so much, they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.