Saturday, November 19, 2011

Challenge Fun Time . . .

WOW!  Are you as busy as I am???  
What's up with that?!?

I finally decided to set everything else aside and play a couple of my favorite challenges. 

Every Tuesday, over on Splitcoast Stampers, there is a challenge at the CRAFTY SECRETS forum and this week Joanne is our hostess and she's asked us to

PIN UP

That's right ... use any type of PINS on your creation along with your Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage products for this CSSC198 challenge.  Could be stick pins, safety pins, or even an image of pins from their 'Sew Special' stamp set.


I have used stick pins that my mother gave me several months ago figuring I'd find a use for them in my crafting someday.  Guess today is that day!  The image is from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Booklet.  The designer paper is from the Cloud9 Designs Holiday 12 x 12 pack, ribbon from Michael's, Poinsetta from Petaloo and the corner's are from my new Spellbinder "Fanciful Holiday" die set.  A touch of Gold Stickles was added here and there for a touch of sparkle.

* * * * *
The other challenge I always find intriguing is the one at Joan's Gardens.  She and Selma come up with some of the most fabulous challenge ideas that really make me think!  This week we were to:
  •  Make a card and/or tag using some kind of animal. 
  • Use a die  
  • Create a winter theme 
  • Do some kind of embossing

 For my card, I have used the same background paper that I used on my CSSC card above.  The Heartfelt Creations tree was stamped with Versamark on white cardstock then embossed with Ranger 'evergreen' embossing powder.  The ornaments were created using red Stickles.  My snowflakes were created using sparkle paper from a DCWV mat stack pack with the Spellbinder Shapeabilities 'Create a Flake Three' die set. Rudolph came from the Spellbinder "Fanciful Holiday" die set.  I've given Rudolph his famous red nose with red Stickles and his eye is a Stampendous Diamond Dot.

Guess I'd better get back to work!  I have had several requests for cards/ tissue box covers/ gift card holders & altered tablets before the holidays.  How awesome is that!  So glad folks like my work enough to want to share them with others.  

Have a wonderful weekend! and thanks for stopping!
HUGS,
Darlene

5 comments:

  1. Darlene, your cards are awesome! Love the deer over the tree, that made me smile. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Darlene....love how you decorated the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are super busy! Love the tree and all the red balls on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, your card is so cute. Love the reindeer's nose. Beautiful tree too.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Darlene, so pretty, and I love how you got the shine on the star when you took the picture, that looks awesome in the picture!!
    Great job on card and the photo!!
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.