Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011 Craft Show

Hello Everyone and HAPPY SUNDAY!

DID YOU REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK??

Well I didn't and have just realized that I've been up for over an hour and it's just now 6:30 a.m.!  YIKES!!  LOL!!  (Going to be a long day!)


Anyways, yesterday was the big GREEN HIGH SCHOOL CRAFT SHOW that I've annually participated in for the past three years.  It's a lot of work and you don't make a lot of money, but I make out OKAY and truly enjoy seeing all the people and get a lot of positive feedback from them. 

This year, besides ALL my cards, I also had altered tablets, gift card holders, refrigerator magnets and tissue box covers for sale.  The BIGGEST SELLERS were the tissue box covers and gift card holders.   With the holiday season approaching, the gift card holders are always a big hit and I was hoping the holiday tissue box holders would be a good seller too ... AND THEY WERE! 
 
I didn't, however, limit the tissue boxes to just Christmas.  Many people liked the 'WINTER' boxes with snowflakes & snowmen on them ... figuring they could use them for a longer period of time I'm sure.  Even the everyday Boy's Room, Horses & Birds were good sellers.

I was SO THRILLED when friend & fellow crafter, Kim Bradfield offered to come help me set up and sit with me.  She was a HUGE help with sales and it was just plain FUN to have her there to keep me company!  THANKS KIM!!!   
As I said, Kim is also a crafter and she brought along some FABULOUS creations to share with me.  She has an upcoming craftshow and was sweet enough to offer to take the remaining tissue boxes with her to try and sell for me.  How awesome is that!   I just LOVED several of the items she shared and will certainly be hounding her to show me how to make them once things settle down a bit.  Already thinking about next years show!

Well ... guess I'll see if hubby's ready to go out to breakfast!  He's going to be out of town all week so NO CRAFTING FOR ME TODAY!  I think I'll just spend the day with him!  After all, I'll have all week to spend in my 'cave' crafting.  Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Darlene

9 comments:

  1. Augh....I didn't remember to set the clocks back. Here I was thinking it is 7:30 and it is only 6:30. Thanks for the reminder.

    The craft sale looks like huge fun. I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Darlene, look at that table - you have been one very busy lady. I absolutely love your tissue box covers and that is high on my list to complete. How nice to have a friend to go and help and keep you company. Hope you had great success with your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your display looks FABULOUS!!! Wow have you been busy! I'm glad you had company for the day...I'm sure it made the time pass much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene, You tissue box covers look beautiful. So glad that they sold so well. Thank you for sharing the directions with me. I plan on making one soon. I also found out that I can download something, for free, that will enable me to receive Windows 7 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, I am so glad you shared pictures of your craft show and I am very glad to hear it went well.
    I knew they would love those "tissue" boxes. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene, just love those tissue box covers, are they hard to make?
    Will have to look around and see if there are some tutorials on the net, never thought of that.
    Thanks they are gorgeous looking!!
    Have a great week on your own, I love my hubby dearly but love when he goes away as well, then I can craft till my hearts content, cook when I want to cook and then it is so GREAT to see him when he gets home, as I DID miss him.
    Enjoy
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. How I wish I could have been there too. Those tissue boxes are to die for ( well not really). Is there a tutorial for them please. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hay - fab show. I love school shows - got one next week - I hop my tissue boxes are a hit too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OM , OM OM,,,,,,,,what a funny and cute pict Darlene,,,,,,,and all over OMG so mannnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy TISSUE BOXES,,,,,woww,woww,woww,wowww,,,,,I am thiking to call you Tissue Box´s Queen......ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.