Thursday, November 7, 2013

Joan's Gardens Challenge

Good Afternoon my friends!
Yep ... I have a second post for you today!

Today begins a new challenge over at Joan's Gardens and she's really been giving me some awesome, creative, new techniques to play with lately and I'm really thrilled with how today's card came together!  
What do you think?

Now, how cute is this!
And,  I would have never thought to use the NEGATIVE of a die cut!!!
(looks like I'd better start digging through my paper trash)
Yep ... that was one of the requirements for this week's challenge!

Here's the entire requirement list:



  • Use Red, white and a hint of Green
  • Use the negative of a die cut
  • Use snowflakes (any kind works)
  • You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.  Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com

  • Would you believe, all the pieces to this card were pieces I had laying on my work table from other projects I was making for my craft shows that I didn't use.  
    LOL ... it was like when you make dinner from whatever you have left over in the fridge!

    My cute image is one from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Booklet that I had cut to use on Hershey Bar pouches.  The 'Merry Christmas' sentiment is from the Cheery Lynn Designs (B186) die set.  I had several cut in different colors that I've been using for various projects.   My white background panel has been embossed using the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder.

    For my NEGATIVE panel, I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the Cheery Lynn Designs (B148) Holly Flourish then glued it down to a piece of green cardstock.

    How about those cute little gingerbread people ... they were actually fussy cut from a scrap piece of Martha Stewart design paper that was used for another Hershey Bar pouch and one was
    popped up using x-Press It Foam Mounting Tape.

    A couple other things used on this creation are green & waterfall Stickles, two different Martha Stewart snowflake punches and holiday rik-rak from Michaels.

    Thanks so much for taking a peek and I hope you'll come join in on 
    Joan's Gardens weekly challenges!  AND, there's a PRIZE to the winner!
    (items in RED were purchased through Joan's Gardens)

    A few additional challenges:
     Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Traditional Christmas Colors
    Inky Impressions - Dies and Punches
    The Paper Shelter #136 - Winter Fun (Christmas Shopping)
    Stampavie & More - Die Cut Embellishment
     Holly Jolly Christmas - Traditional Colors
    Created With Love - Christmas Reds and Greens
    C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #232 - Christmas

    ONE MORE THING BEFORE YOU GO ...

    Just wanted to share with you the first Teddy Bear purchase I made for granddaughter, Morgan's 
    Christmas Teddy Bear Drive for Akron Children's Hospital and now Pittsburgh Children's Hospital.
    (read more on Facebook HERE)
    If you follow my blog, you know that all the proceeds from last week's craft show is going towards 'teddy bears for the kids' and this is just the first 'installment'!!  We still have $400+ to spend ... yeah! BUT, we need 700 bears so if you are able to help, please drop me an email/comment.

    ** Three more bears are on their way from Amazon.com purchased with my winnings over on the "A Look Through My Eyes" blog for the Angela Holt Designs Blog Hop recently.

    ** Sandy Redburn (owner of Crafty Secrets) has also donated money towards the purchase of teddy bears!

    Thanks so much everyone!
    Now I'd better get back to crafting ...
    I got a call today for some 'special' creations ... I'd better put my thinking cap on for this one!
    As always . . .

    16 comments:

    1. What a cute card. I am so thrilled you enjoyed using your "negative cuts". Great job!!
      Congratulations to Morgan too. What a wonderful idea and she will bless so many children!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Super cute card...great use of your negative and I lOVE those sweet (pun intended) little gingers dancing around the bottom of the card....another masterpiece my friend!! Love the bears, yep, those are the same ones I saw....I still have to "look~see" if I have those bears here to spend and "get er done"!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Darlene, Hope everything in Akron is great! I was born there!!! I went to Firestone HS!! Love your card it is adorable!! Take Care and thanks for joining Created with Love Challenge! Pam DT

      ReplyDelete
    4. great card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Christmas Red/Green Challenge!
      DawnD

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great card. Never thought to use the negative of the die cuts!! Great idea. Thanks for joining our Red and Green Christmas Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

      ~~Chris

      ReplyDelete
    6. Beautiful card Dar- fun technique- and a great additional use for dies and punches : ) Glad the show went well- and what a fun cause to collect Bears for the kids! We have a nephew- just 7 - that has survived cancer and supporting the causes for kids are so wonderful!

      ReplyDelete
    7. This is an absolute gorgeous card! I love using negative's ... they can be very useful and fun to use! I love the use of your negative here. Very pretty! And lovely teddy bears!! Those children will be thrilled!
      Hugs,
      Jo
      xox

      ReplyDelete
    8. Lovely card, love the technique you have used with it.
      Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network for this months theme of Christmas
      Crafty Hugs
      Kelly- DT
      xxx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oh I love your card. And the fact that you buy for children is wonderful. I send cards to the cancer children in Texas thro my nephew. Great feeling for sure. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
      Linda K. DT

      ReplyDelete
    10. Such a great Christmas card, there's so much to see! Wonderful if you can make a card with leftovers basically, always gives me a great sense of accomplishment. Thank you for linking up with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. A little different design on this card but it is sooo nice!
      Real Christmas spirit ..

      Thank you for participating in the TPS challenge this week!
      Good Luck!

      Hug Lena Dt-TPS

      ReplyDelete
    12. Cool card- LOVE the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Holly Jolly this week!
      Julie

      ReplyDelete
    13. How cute is that! Love the gingerbread men! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

      Marja
      Stampavie and More DT
      http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi/

      ReplyDelete
    14. Beautiful card. Thank you for taking part at The Paper Shelter this week.
      Hugs Debs

      ReplyDelete
    15. I think we are all like that with so much stuff but your card did turn out so festive and the sentiment is wonderful. So many things going on this time of the year. The teddys are so darling and what a wonderful thing to do for a child. I think I have lost the last month of my life. I do hope things have been fine with you. Being in Austin Texas for 3 weeks and them coming home and getting pneumonia and being laid up with that for another month. I was keeping all the posting and was becoming overwhelmed with all the beautiful posting and I was in no way going to get through them. So I decided to start fresh.
      Hugs, Pat

      ReplyDelete
    16. Your layout is clever :) Lovely card! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter! Hugs, Merkkari

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

    In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.