Thursday, April 10, 2014

Outlawz Twisted Thursday

Happy Thursday Friends ...
another week drawing to a close!
I'm thrilled again this week to be sharing a card I've created as guest designer at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.   Remember this is an ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE with a TWIST.
This week's TWIST is to create a GATE FOLD CARD!

 I really enjoy creating gate fold cards but I must admit, I don't do it often enough.
Today's challenge was a great opportunity to get back into making a few fancy fold cards for my stash!  And of course, with flowers in the image, I just HAD to make some homemade flowers that matched in.  So easy but such a great embellishment!

Our sponsor this month is Nicecrane Designs and once again I chose one of the lovely bird images from the FASCINATING BIRDS sheet for the focus on my card.


The inside of today's card has slightly decorated to match in with the front panels
and can be used for a variety of themes!  By simply 'notching' around the circle pattern on my design paper scrap piece, I was able to achieve a divider line for my sentiment/signature.

Earlier I mentioned the flower embellishments.  They and my faux stitching are actually the only embellishments on this card.  Of course this beautiful image speaks for itself and doesn't need much more in the way of embellishment.
For the flowers I have used the Memory Box 'Petal Party' #98304 die set which I purchased through Dies R Us.  By simply die cutting them on white card stock, sponging a bit of SU 'more mustard' ink in the center and conditioning the petals lightly with a stylus ... these 'matching' flowers were created in no time.  The centers were adorned with Kaiser ivory pearls.
The faux stitching was created with a white Gelly Roll pen!

Hope you'll give this fancy fold a try!
Have a fabulous day!
Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.