Sunday, May 11, 2014

What a BEAUTIFUL Day!!

Hello Everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all you crafty Mom's out there!
Today was such a beautiful day in SO MANY ways!

This is my little 4 generation family ...

Photo
(L-R) Granddaughter Morgan, Daughter Carolyn, Mom Pat, and Me

My mother is 84 years young, still works a 'couple of jobs', does the bookkeeping for the church, sings in the church choir and she & the church organist (Pam) have a duet called 'Two P's in a Pod' and they go around singing at the nursing homes, etc.

Something really special today at our family church in Pennsylvania was Mom singing her traditional Mother's Day song of  'My Mother's Hair' and granddaughter Morgan 'signed the words' as Mom sang them.  You can see the video on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/darlene.pavlick.  I tried to copy the video but was unsuccessful ... sorry.  It is FABULOUS!


Then after church my kids came to Akron for a visit.  Morgan was unable to come this time around.  Which is okay because I know she has a lot on her mind right now.  She will be having hip surgery over the next few weeks and it's a lot to deal with.  But I was thrilled to have Frank, Carolyn and grandson Jonathan come for a visit and cookout. 


Carolyn decided since Easter was only a few weeks ago and she gave me flowers then ... this time around she'd do something different and they gave me an Edible Arrangement!  AWESOME!  LOVE the chocolate covered strawberries and fruit ... what a great idea ... so yummy!
Hubby was busy 'manning the grill' while we were all being entertained by the birds and squirrel activity!  I could not have asked for a nicer day!

LOVE MY BABY GIRL!!


I hope your day was as memorable and sweet as mine!
Thanks Carolyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.