Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What a FUN WEEK ... and now I need your prayers!

Good Afternoon All!
Just a quick post to share a couple of photos from my Midwest Crafting Group FUN last week!  The time always FLIES BY when you're having fun crafting and when it's a group of your friends ... well, there just wasn't enough time to do everything we had hoped to do!

(L-R:  Linda (Diane's Sister), Gretchen Wilson, Judy Studer, Diane Hover, Bette Henson, Joan Fricker)

We linked up at Diane's (Nellie's Nest) house in Michigan on Friday and then again on Saturday at Joan's in Indiana!  Here we were working on a 'card in a box' project and then some embossing with the new Spellbinder 3D M-bossabilities dies.  What fun!!

On the left is Diane and NELLIE!  
She's a Golden Doodle and just the sweetest dog ever.

On the right is the view out Diane's living room window!  WOW!  Yes, there is a creek that runs through Diane's backyard and across the creek I spotted deer nearly every evening I was there!  Such a peaceful scene and beautiful view!  If hubby had been there, I would have never been able to get him off the couch!  LOL!

One of the projects we played with at Diane's was a card technique that we spotted over on Linda Duke's Blog  using the new Spellbinder 3D M-bossabilities folders.  Isn't this gorgeous?  Well Linda Duke's is far better!  LOL!

And also we made a 'Card in a Box'.  I will share photos of that as soon as I have mine completed!  LOL!  But in the meantime, here's a peek at a couple of projects we did at Joan's on Saturday.
LOVE these designs and will be making more for my fall shows!
Joan learned how to make this card at a class she took while in FL over the winter.




Isn't this awesome!  Not only is it beautiful, it folds down and fits in an A2 envelope!  So many possibilities on this one!


 Gretchen also shared a couple fabulous fold techniques with us!  The Twisted Easel and the Double Easel.  I will be making a lot more of these fancy fold style cards!!


NEED YOUR PRAYERS PLEASE!

My granddaughter, Morgan (22) had hip surgery this morning. Turns out she was born with Hip Dysplasia and after 3 arthroscopic surgeries last year to repair the tearing, it tore again and they decided to do full blown hip surgery where they would actually have to break her hip, remove it from the socket, repair the tear in the socket and any other damage and then put the hip back into place.  It's going to be a long road back but hopefully with lots of hard work, patience & prayer, she'll be 'as good as new' and can get her life back on track without pain.
Thank you for your prayers! 

UPDATE:  Morgan's surgery went well!  Don't have all the details but evidently they did NOT have to put a brace in to hold her hip together (which is a good thing).  I'm headed to the hospital this morning to spend the day with her and daughter, Carolyn.  Carolyn is staying at the Ronald McDonald house right on Cleveland Clinic Campus.  Please keep the prayers going up ... now comes the hard part for Mo ... the healing!  She doesn't handle pain meds well (gets terribly sick) so it's going to be a tricky balance for her.  Thanks again!   

9 comments:

  1. Praying for Morgan and all of the familly. My her surgery be very successful....she is a brave young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the cards are stunning.... looks like you all had so much fun..... would love to know how that beautiful card was created that Joan created. I want to make one! Love it! ... and prayers are being sent for your granddaughter.... God bless her... only 22... I sure hope she recovers quickly!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your granddaughter and all that care for her. I really enjoyed seeing pictures from your "get-away". I heard where you had a great time! I am also looking forward to seeing your fancy-fold cards, and love the folding woman card from Joan's. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Dar! Especially that double fold easel. Thoughts and prayers for your granddaughter! Hugs from FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and happy group of ladies gathered for a fun afternoon of crafting together. They look like that would be a fun group to be with. Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I am going to try that technique for sure. Linda Duke is awesome when it comes to making gorgeous cards and I love visiting her blog. Now on a serious note I am keeping for your Granddaughter and family in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will go well and that she will be pain free and on the mend very shortly. She is so young and has a lot of life left to live and it would be great if she didn't have to be in excruciating pain morning, noon and night. I know the feeling as I suffer from severe back problems and now my shoulder has eroded away. Due to other medical reasons and the severity of my back problems I can not have surgery done on either. It is miserable always hurting 24/7 and not being able to do all the things I enjoy in life. Please keep us posted as to how she is doing. Take care. Hugs to you and yours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just checking in Darlene to see how Morgan is doing. Great news about the brace not being needed. Pain medications can be so hard on ones body. It seems that you take one medication to treat the side effects of that one and then there's another medication to counteract the second drugs side effects and so on...but if you are hurting and can get any relief at all even if just for a short period of time it seems so worth it. Hopefully they will be able to come up with something that will help Morgan so her body can rest and start the healing process. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us posted as to how she is doing. Take care of yourself. Hugs to you and yours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cards are beautiful! Looks like you had lots of fun! Thoughts and prayers for your granddaughter, Morgan! I so hope and pray that she can keep the pain under control and that she has a speedy recovery! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects! Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry to hear about Morgan's surgery, but glad it went well. Will continue to pray that she tolerate the pain meds and has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Darlene, first of all, I am in awe of your granddaughter's strength. I pray that she gets better as soon as possible. The Lord is faithful, and she is one brave young woman, for sure. My best wishes go out to her.

    And of course I have to comment on your wonderful projects, each of them is a treasure anyone would be delighted to receive. You are so talented! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene