Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sisterhood - Birthday

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!
Today I have a BIRTHDAY creation to share with you for the new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!  Since I am hosting today and my birthday is next week ... I decided that would be a fun challenge theme.  Plus, we can ALL use an extra birthday card or two in our collection.  Right?


I must admit, I have been EXTREMELY busy for the past month and took the quick/easy approach to today's card creation!  My focus image comes from a TJ DESIGNS package of vintage images that I purchased at the Adventures in Stamping convention here in Akron a few years back.  It caught my eye because I also do floral design and have actually done arrangements like this when I was working in a floral shoppe over in PA some years back. 


I've used the Cheery Lynn Designs Step Card die for my card base along with the pretty pink, double sided DoodleBug Designs pattern paper.  The addition of paper lace (Cheery Lynn Designs - Anastasia border die # B136) and Michael's pink satin ribbon was all this quick card needed.  I used my trusty Craft-Dee Bowz tool to create the bow ... SO EASY to use and perfect every time!   Oh... and also this cute little rose purchased through Inky Impressions.  My sentiment is an Impression Obsession rubber stamp.


Here are a few challenges I'd like to share in today:
Craft-Dee Bowz July Challenge - Anything Goes with a homemade bow
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters and PLEASE ... come check out what my 'sistah's have created to inspire you. 

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by ... it means the WORLD to me!!
YOU keep me inspired to create!
As always . . .

13 comments:

  1. I'm always needing a good birthday card and this one is so pretty! Love the step design and the image reminds me of a teapot I have sitting on the shelf. I should get it out and fill it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

    Trust me you rather read my birthday song than hear me sing it! lol It's early but I couldn't resist. Thanks for hosting a great challenge over at the Sisterhood. I love your card and how all the different shades of pink are picked out of the image. And I think I need to get a bow making thingy....wait I think I actually have one! LOL now the task of finding it!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene~~ How are you? I hope you are having a fabulous summer so far!! You have been creating like crazy... something I haven't been doing!!
    Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Darlene, Happy Birthday to you!!! What a great step card. I love these unique fold cards. Really pretty. Are you coming to Stampaway next month?? It would nice to meet in person. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Darlene! I haven't forgotten about you, my friend, but have been busy with work and DT cards. This working for food thing..well, retiring would be nice but not for a few more years! This card is so pretty. Happy, happy birthday to you and I adore this stair-step card! Thanks for entering it in the "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Sentiments. I'll write soon. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, You have been busy since I visited you last. Loved seeing your latest Creations. Your Card is just Beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful Birthday! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I truly love this! The design, the image...the fabby bow and that scrumptious paper lace....be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful step card, love the vintage image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely step card beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darlene,
    Happy Birthday! (early) :D
    I love your card, so, so pretty. I love flowers and roses are one of my favorite's. Just a really beautiful step card.
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at Crafty Sentiments-Anything Goes Challenge.
    Deborah GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing the inside of your beautiful card. I always wonder what other people do inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene