Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sisterhood - Die Cuts and/or Punches

Hello my friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  And, as you can see by  my post title, the theme this time around is
DIE CUTS and/or PUNCHES



I wasn't really sure which direction I was going today but since I had the Graphic45 Botanical Tea paper pack laying in front of me, that was my starting point!

I am so blessed to have a nice array of dies & punches to create with!  The hard part is getting started with a theme in mind.  But when I saw this image cut and laying there, I thought immediately that it would be nice for a sympathy card.  So, now I have my paper & my theme. 

Here's a close-up of the dies/punches used on my card front ... and they are:
Cheery Lynn Designs - Tiny Fanciful Flourish (B387)
Cheery Lynn Designs - Mini Fanciful Flourish Reverse (B291)
LeCrea Designs - Multi Die Flower 005
Elizabeth Craft - With Sympathy #737

I'm really happy with how quickly this card came together.  Sometimes I struggle with sympathy cards, only because of the nature of them ... what can we as crafters create, to help ease someone's pain after suffering the loss of a loved one.

Challenges to share in:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #45 - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday Challenge - Anything Goes
 Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Well, that's it for me today!  I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood where Lisa is our hostess and the team has some wonderful creations made to inspire you!

Thanks for stopping by ... you know I love it when you do!!
As always . . .

7 comments:

  1. Darlene this is just so beautiful and uplifting. The flower spray is just scrumptious.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dar that anyone receiving it would appreciate....you sure know how to create with those lovely Graphic 45 papers!! Lot of pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Creation and gorgeous colour tones, perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, thank you so much for sharing with us it always a pleasure...
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Darlene! I always have so much trouble with sympathy cards but yours is magnificent. I'm so happy to see you playing along at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! Love everything about it.. especially the gorgeous sentiment.. .Thanks for joining the challenge at Party Time Tuesdays... hope to see you next week too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. card beautiful and romantic! congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, sympathy cards throw me for a loop sometimes. Do you make them simple? Flair? Bling? But you did this one just beautifully! Those dies are a MUST because to get anything to cut something that thin is hard! You did an amazing job on this card. I have this paper pack as well. I actually found it online and ordered it in lots of 25 of each sheet since it was so cheap!! However I do not think I have the one you used...hmmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene