Thursday, January 1, 2015

And We Begin Again . . .


WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY & HEALTHY 2015!

I'm starting out the New Year making a card 'just for fun' ... no DT commitment or anything like that ... just being 'creative' ... and it's a sentiment I'd like to extend to YOU!!


When I first started making cards (all those years ago) I needed help getting started so I turned to 'sketch challenges'.  Today I don't always have the time to take part in sketch challenges but I was introduced to a 'new to me' sketch challenge and just had to play along!

The challenge blog I'm referring to is CARDABILITIES where they supply the sketch to use as the basis of your card creation.  They also have a blog called SKETCHABILITIES which is directed more towards the scrapbookers and they supply a sketch that you can use for your layouts.  

Here is the sketch for the current challenge and the basis for my card . . .
I chose to turn my card horizontally vs vertical but that's okay!!
You can still see the 'sketch' in my design and that's what's important!
I've also been using up some holiday scraps (boy that mountain sure grows during the holidays doesn't it!!) so the circle panels are from various holiday paper packs.

I  hope you're starting out your new year in a fun way too!
Here are a few challenges to share in today:
The Crazy Challenge #187 - Everything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory cs, White cs, Medium Blue cs, Royal Blue cs, DCWV dp, Maja Designs 'Vintage Frost Basics' dp
Stamp:  Hero Arts
Accessories:  Cheery Lynn Designs #B147 'Olive Branches' die, Cheery Lynn Designs #B118 'Pair of Ferns' die, EK Success Snowflake Punch, Fiskars Scallop Paper Edgers, White Gelly Roll Pen (faux stitching), Ranger Dylusions spray mist, Diamond Stickles, Spellbinder classic circle dies

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Darlene, to you and your family! Beautiful card for this sketch challenge. I also love your furry flip-flops from your previous post! Have a wonderful and prosperous 2015!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thank you card, Darlene. Great mix of papers and dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Darlene! Love the colors and the card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and Happy new Years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! The "just for fun" cards usually seem to turn out the best. Yours is lovely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Dar... and Happy New Year to you!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge and clever to "turn it"!! I think we will both doing more sketches this year..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Cute! Thanks for sharing with us Cardabilities :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card ! Thank you for sharing with us Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene