Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hello dear friends!
As my title suggests, my Mom is having a birthday (on the 27th) and she will be a very young 85 years old.  It's hard for me to imagine my mom is this age since I have trouble keeping up with her, lol!  She's so busy working 2 jobs, singing, dancing.  Yep ... she's a go getter!!

So today's card was created with her in mind.
It's Mojo Monday time and I've been enjoying creating for a few fun sketch challenge blogs since the new year began.  I must say it has really made me get out of my slump and think outside the box.  LOVE THAT!!!  Anyways, this week's sketch at the Mojo Monday Challenge is ...


And here is my card ...
(inside)

I am just loving some of the images I'm finding online such as the one I've used on today's card.  My mother loves the vintage/Victorian design so I think this image will be perfect.  Even though the image was square, I printed it a little larger so I could die cut it using the Spellbinder 'Lacey Circles'.  And, I thought the paper doily was perfect for this image also.



Do you enjoy working with sketches?
Well the Mojo Monday sketches are always a fun way to begin.  Give it a try why don't you!

A few other challenges to share in:
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge - Letter "B" (butterflies, birthday, bouquet)
Party Time Tuesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenge - Anything Goes
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  SU Pink Pirouette cs, Graphic45 'Botanical Tea' dp, White cs
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Mom', 'Happy', 'Birthday' dies, Spellbinder 'Lacey Circles'
Accessories:  Martha Stewart 'Butterfly' border punch, Wilton paper doily

21 comments:

  1. Hello Darlene. What a gorgeous card. Love the design and colours, I am sure that your Mum will love it.
    Happy Birthday to your Mum when the day arrives.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Naturally I had to come and have a peek at yours and I ended up browsing all the way till September! I must say, I really like the things you've done with the digiephemera/papers and my question is, do you print the images with an inkjet or with a laser printer. The colours seem really deep to me and I've noticed I can only reach good colours with my inkjet if I images twice, on top of each other. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! Yes I print all my images & digi's on an inkjet printer. However with images such as the one used on this card, I do sharpen them a bit using the software Photoscape. As I do all my card photos before putting them to my blog. Most photo editing software can help in giving you a sharper, bolder picture. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is so beautiful. I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that you decorated the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene this is pure teatime delight. Just adore the colouring and design and how beautifully you did the inside too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness this card is gorgeous! I am like your mom, I LOVE the Victorian era and anything vintage. I collect antiques, victorian everything and this card makes me smile BIG. Your mother will love this. What color paper is that where you printed on? Is that natural kraft? The image looks beautiful against that paper backing. Love that image too. If you find any good sites for vintage images, PLEASE forward them to me. I am always looking for those types of images. I don't necessarily use them on my cards much but I do a lot of home decor with them. =)
    And God bless your mama! 85 years old and still out there working!! And 2 jobs at that! Bless her heart! Let her know that your scrappy bloggy friend Jo sends her huge birthday wishes!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, First a Big Happy Birthday to your fantastic Mom. To be 85, and still be that active is amazing and she (and you) are blessed! Not something that is typical of most 85 yrs folks. Second, your beautiful feminine card is just right for a sweet Mom. Loved the vintage print and it was so pretty die cut with the S/B circle. The doily set it off to perfection. The pretty mason jar on the inside carried out the 'time for tea' theme so well, and I know that your Mama loved this card even more than I did! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card for your Mom that I am sure she will love!!! Such a pretty digital print, perfect for Mom, or any "girl"...have a great day and hope your "powder room" is almost finished so you can get to creating...I miss you...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card beautiful details. Thanks for joining us at Love Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely looking card. Stunning design and colours. Thanks for joining us over at Party Time Tuesday this month.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! The doily is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww! Happy Birthday to your mom! This is such a pretty card, Dar! I know your mom with treasure it. She's lucky to have a daughter like you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to your mother! I love the vintage feel to the card! Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is just beautiful. Love that vintage image. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card :) Thanks for joining us Dream Valley Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, Darlene! You have such a way with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful creation - great colours and design - thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap this time and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous project with so many wonderful details! :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us in the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes!" challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! With SU
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Crafty Cardmakers and more DT
    3 Girl JAM DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice card, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene