Friday, January 9, 2015

Turning Wednesday's 'Ooops' . . .

. . . into today's beautiful card creation!

Hello my friends!
Yep, if you stopped by on Wednesday you know what I'm referring to!
And after using the 'teal' ink over my snowflake 'die cut stencil' ... it actually was quiet pretty once dried and more of a teal color then it's original medium blue color!  
SO ... decided to use it for my second card which I'm entering into the current 'Teal Snowflakes' challenge at Classy Cards n Such.



Grrrr!  I struggle with achieving 'TRUE' color when taking photographs!  Trust me, this is more teal IRL then it looks in my photos!
How do you like my medicine bottles in the background!  I purchased them while out in Indiana in the Fall with my Midwest crafting friends and think they are SO appropriate for this time of year!  
I don't know about you, but I know I've been taking my share of 'Pertussin' (had a cold for 2 weeks) as well as using the ole 'Liniment' on these aching bones over the past few weeks!
This getting old is for the birds!  LOL!


I hope you'll come join in the 'Teal Snowflake' challenge fun ... you still have a bit of time!  
Challenge ends Saturday at Midnight (CST).

A few challenges to share in:
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Blue Tones
Docerela Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale Challenge - Snow
Design Team Showcase

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!  
Your encouraging comments mean the world to me!
Have a great weekend!
As always . . .


 Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, DCWV Winter 6x6 mat stack,  XP-73017516 'Stardream Fuse Vista'
Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations HCPC3342 'Snowmen Melt Your Heart' Set 
Dies: Marianne 'Mittens', Cheery Lynn Designs 'B477' (snowflake), Impression Obsession 'Snowflake Background' 
Accessories:  Diamond Stickles, PopDots, Fiskars Swivel Craft Knife (for fussy cutting), Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Creative Memories corner rounder, White Gelly Roll Pen,

14 comments:

  1. Hello Darlene. How sweet and what a gorgeous design. I love how you have created the background and the colours are just fabulous.
    Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I think I still have this stamp somewhere! I'm definitely going to have to dig him out! Love him done up in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are GENIUS!!! this is fabulous... and very "crafty". love the look of your blog too.

    your work is just simply amazing. your shading is like nothing else i can compare to and i hope this year i can learn from it... which means i'll probably be CASE-ing you alot. that's good right?

    yep. stay warm. this is way too cold for my old bones. even puppy doesn't want to go out in it.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute and adorable card (love those bright red mittens) and so perfect not only for our challenge, but for this time of year!! Thank you for joining in our "Teal~Snowflake" challenge at "Classy Cards 'n Such"!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so adorable! I am loving that intricate snowflake frame and all the glittery goodness you've added! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Darlene, love your design!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute and the image is adorable. I know what you mean about the colors looking totally different in a photograph. Thank you, for joining us in the Classy Cards N Such challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Darlene. :-D
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. :-D
    Milka GD

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! It is just perfect for this time of the year. I love the red mittens stand out from the different tones of Blue's that you used. Thank you so much for joining our Teal Snowflakes challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such. We love seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene, what a lovely take on our inspiration photo this week! Your use of die cuts together with the cute snowman image makes your card look great! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Classy Cards 'n Such! Please join us again soon! Hugs, Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderfull card! It´s so pritty and really elegant like a snowflake! Thank you for joining our "Snow" challenge at Fairy Tales. Bianca XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. And this is a wonderful accident.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene