Monday, March 2, 2015

Crafty Secrets March Linky Party . . .


HAPPY MARCH EVERYONE!
With Spring right around the corner (YAY!), our theme at Crafty Secrets is
GO GREEN!
The team is showcasing Gardening/Botanical themed items with an UPCYCLING twist!

Remember, you DO NOT have to follow the theme to join in our challenges ... the only thing you ARE REQUIRED TO DO is use any Crafty Secrets products.  AND ... if you don't have any, just pop on over to our blog ... each month we are sharing something FREE that you can use to join in the challenge fun and have the opportunity to be our BIG WINNER!!!

With that being said, I'd like to share with you my recycling 'GO GREEN' project ...

THE BEFORE ...

AND THE AFTER ...

So what do you think?  
I love being able to reuse stuff that would otherwise end up in a landfill somewhere!

By simply decoupaging the baby wipe container with a few of the beautiful design papers available in the Crafty Secrets Digital Garden Papers file, this plain white plastic container becomes a snazzy holder for my 'empty bean can' coordinating containers.  These containers are also usable for starting new planting ... that way you will be ready to put them in the ground once it thaws!  LOL!
I'm sure there are various ways to 'decoupage' but here's how I did it!
ITEMS NEEDED:
Recyclables
Mod Podge
Sponge Brush
Design Paper
Ribbon, Lace or Upholstery Trim (as I have used).
Hot Glue Gun (to adhere the trim).
















Just so you know, I AM a fan and DO recycle everything I can.  I don't understand people who have the availability to recycle and don't take advantage of it!!   Grrrr!  How hard is it!!

Anyways ... off my soapbox ... this was a lot of fun to create and I am really happy with the outcome!  I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do until I started looking through my pile of 'stuff' ... then it hit me! I've added strips of burlap which I had left over from another project as filler.

Please be sure to pop over to see the amazing GO GREEN projects my team mates have created for you today!  AND ... we are thrilled to have Karen Letchworth as our March Guest Designer!
Links to our fabulous TEAM:
Darlene Pavlick (you are here)  
and, this month's Guest Designer Karen Letchworth

Challenges to share in:
Anything But a Card Challenge - Green with Envy (I'm going GREEN in more ways than one)
Glitter and Sparkle Challenge - Anything Goes
Great Impressions March Challenge - Go GREEN
Altered Eclectic March Challenge - Anything Goes (no cards)
Recycle, Re-Purpose, Re-Invent Challenge - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit March Challenge - Altered Art/Mixed Media (no cards)

Now it’s your turn! Create a NEW project featuring any Crafty Secrets goodies and link it up on the Crafty Secrets BLOG by Sunday, March 15th at midnight PT. 
 One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a lovely prize package from Crafty Secrets valued at more than $25 ... pop over to the blog to see what YOU could win!

Thanks for playing along! 
We can’t wait to see what you bring to the party!
 As always . . .


Recipe:
Other:  Crafty Secrets Spring Cut-Out Kids, Mod Podge, sponge brush, hot glue gun, upholstery trim, Fiskars swivel craft knife (for fussy cutting), strips of burlap, silk daisy stems

28 comments:

  1. This is just so off the hook creative and pretty and fabulous! I love the way you embraced the recycling challenge and created such a beautiful piece of home decor! Way to go, Dar! Thanks for another wonderful Linky project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of "re-cycle" items...and pretty, too!! How fun to have a beautiful bouquet to be displayed so well...I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...these are just too gorgeous! Such elegant pieces...I love it! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so cute! I love a good planter with flowers to cheer up a room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dar! What a fabulous recycled project. Never would have guessed the basket was a baby wipes container. Great job, my friend, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation of the cans and baby wipe container. Nice job. Love the Crafty Secret paper and images. She's so cute. I also wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. :) Oooh yea I really like Ichabod Crane too but I don't have a stamp for him. LOL I would so love to color him. :P Have a nice day.

    Katya Bess
    http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Kattyxotica/videos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You really took recycling seriously. I couldn't believe the picture with the 2 cans and baby wipes, good on you. Your decoupage job is wonderful. You used great papers together and I love how you centred that great image of the little girl on the front. The cans ended up looking truly elegant, and the greatest green effort of all is the plants are real and not plastic so you didn't even use any fossil fuels LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very clever Darlene, a great idea and done so perfectly, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to see the cool recycle ideas you come up with Darlene and this one is brilliant! I've used empty cans before but I never would have thought of baby wipes! I adore all the papers and images you used and how you added the real daisies. Great job!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, that is AMAZING! I ADORE this fun up-cycle! Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take the idea of recycling to a whole new level! has a baby wipe container ever been elevated to such heights and grand transformation? I think not!!! Super job being green, and it goes without saying that this project is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project - really prettyand functional too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful your creation is! I have to say I love daisy flowers and this just speaks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this looks incredible. Combines your two favorite crafts, flowers and paper. Really beautiful Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project. I love to recycle items as well and this is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene... this is just adorable... I want it for my kitchen table... Isn't it amazing what treasures we can make from trash. Great job !!! Thank you for creating with us at Anything But A Card

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a great fan of re cycled projects and iI just Love what you did here! It looks like a mini garden in bloom!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  18. So creative! I love that you used a baby wipe container. I have plenty at home and will forever look at these in a different way. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely gorgeous re-purposed creations! i saw your link at the doodle artifact recycle re purpose blog. xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful re-cycle piece. Thank you for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-invent. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely upcycled planter, love all the sweet details.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So creative! You know, I save all sorts of "interesting trash" but never get around to actually doing anything with it! This looks so great that I may have to actually make something recycled this month! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful project...love what you have done with your trash...love it.
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your project! I have so many cans stashed about the house trying to hide them from my son who wants to call the hoarder police on me! :) This is just my kind of art! Love how it goes together so well! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nobody would ever guess what's under the papers, it's great! A terrific recycle project, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing project. It came out great! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions for our Go Green Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing over at Altered Eclectics! Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene