Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Goin' Buggy ...

Hello Everyone!
Today's a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters and Sister Terri has
chosen 'BUGS' for today's theme!  Yep, she's ask that we use some sort of 'bug, insect, creepy crawly thingie' on our cards/projects.  I can't say I've ever used this theme/thought as the basis for a card before!  LOL   ...   what fun!

Well, here's what came together for me today:



I actually turned to my 'scrapbooking supplies' for inspiration today.
I knew I should have SOMETHING in there that pertained to
the outdoors ... camping ... that sort of thing and I
hit the jack pot!
Dragonfly stickers ... Bumble Bee stickers
Ladybug stickers

The floral cornered panel is also a sticker so I backed it with
SU Groovy Guava card stock and that's where it all began!

Inside
Of course then I went 'In Search Of' the design paper I wanted for the background
and this Graphic45 was perfect (scrap pieces).
Next came the sentiment ... WELL THAT DIDN'T GO WELL!!!
Not realizing the sticker panel was a 'shiny' type of paper,
I stamped the sentiment then proceeded to SMEAR it into a mess!
SO, moving on to Plan B ...
Stamped my sentiment onto a scrap piece of the SU Groovy Guava paper
and die cut it into a circle to 'hide my mess'!
That works!  LOL!

Challenges to share in:
Always Something Creative - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's June Challenge - Anything Goes w/Patterned Paper
Die Cut Diva's Challenge - June Bugs
Live & Love Crafts Inspiration - In the Garden

I hope you'll come join in our BUGGY FUN and if you're looking for inspiration
you need not go any further than my 'Sistahs' ... they've created
some awesome cards for you today!  Come Check It Out!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope you're having a fabulous day!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU Groovy Guava cs, Graphic45 dp
Ink/Stamps:  Versafine Onyx, SU Polka Dots & Paisley,
Accessories:  Various Stickers, Spellbinder D-Lites 'Flower Burst'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.