Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Meet with a Smile . . .

Hello All!
Today I've created a card that is not for a DT commitment, but for a few challenges that caught my eye and I wanted to participate in.  I hope you enjoy it ...

 
I have found lately that I truly enjoy working with a sketch!
With so many fabulous sketches out there in blogland, it's a wonderful 'starting point'.
Not that I don't just design on my own, but when the brain is mush (we've all been there, lol) sometimes it's just easier to have a helpful place to begin.


I also (when time permits) love making my own flowers like this one.
I sometimes just take the day and do nothing but make flowers.  I then store them in various clear boxes identifying what company/dies I've used so when I use them on a project I don't have to rack my brain trying to remember (does that tell you I have several flower making dies?  Yikes! lol)

 Here are the challenges that caught my attention:
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge - In My Garden (Photo Inspiration)
IBSIC94---June-Sketch, IBSIC, Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge, Inspired by Stamping Challenge
Craft-Dee Bowz June Challenge - Anything Goes with a Bow

 The sentiment I have used on today's card was offered up over on the "Inspired by Stamping" blog along with matching design paper (which I did not use today but it's beautiful!).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you're having a wonderful week!
Sure glad it has warmed up a bit ... actually had to put the furnace back on a few days ago!
What's up with that ... doesn't Mother Nature know it is JUNE?!  LOL!

As always my friends . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU Pear Pizazz cs, Graphic45 dp, the Paper Studio dp
Dies:  Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 18, Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Finishing Touches 'Maidenhair Ferns' CED1433, Marianne 'LR0156', Cheery Lynn Designs 'Gardenia' B339
Accessories:  Flower Making Kit w/forming mat, TH Spun Sugar distress ink, large sponge applicator, Offray satin ribbon, TH Dusty Concord distress ink

7 comments:

  1. Stunning my friend! Love that beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Darlene, a really lovely card with sweet words, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Darlene, such a lovely sentiment and your flower is gorgeous, thanks for playing along with us at Paper Creator this time, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Darlene! Just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    JO
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Darlene! I LOVE the use of the digis with your beautiful paper flower, leaves, and bow combo! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!! I love what you did with the free IBS digi, you made it shine! Thanks for joining us at IBS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pretty card ,love the fab flower and the sentiment is perfect
    Thanks for joining us us at Craft-Dee BowZ AND GOOD LUCK
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene