Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Memory Box Butterflies

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
Last week I told you about a new monthly challenge by Memory Box
and today I have another card to share with you that
I'll be submitting to this 1st challenge which is themed 'Butterflies'.

Inside View
 I love the colors on my new Ken Oliver 'Watercolored Memories' 6x6 double sided paper ... one side is muted and the other side is bold.  As you can see, today's card utilizes the bold side of the paper.
The colors are so beautifully vivid I didn't want to cover them up ...
but rather ACCENT them and by using the fabulous Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies (#99078) 
I was able to achieve the look I was going for.


I die cut the MB Fairyland Butterflies TWICE then spot glued them
here and there so I could lift the outer wings and give the illusion of flight.

A simple sentiment is all that was required on
the front of my card so I chose a vertical sentiment stamped
in India Ink since the paper has a bit of a glossy finish.

Other challenges to share in:
A Gem of a Challenge - Something Blue
Crafty Catz Challenge - Clean and Simple
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
The House that Stamps Built Challenge - Photo Inspiration

 Inky Chicks Challenge - Butterflies
CropStop Linky Party #5 - ATG with product carried at their store (Memory Box)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a FABULOUS day!
Till next time and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.