Thursday, July 9, 2015

You can never have enough . . .

. . . birthday cards!

Good Morning Everyone!
I have another busy Thursday again this week!
One hour 'plus' dentist appointment and a link up visit with my Mom!
But before I get on the road I wanted to share a card I created to satisfy two particular challenges!


I have always enjoyed working with sketches and I really like the sketches offered up at the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge Blog.  Here's the sketch to work with this week:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ka4rjpqOaMM/VZmsxnH4fKI/AAAAAAAAWr8/BFmSmDW0PwM/s1600/zzMojo405.gif

The other challenge I wanted to join in today is the IN STITCHES (faux or real) challenge offered at Cheery Lynn Designs ... and of course you must use at least one of their products.  
Today I have used the following:
Mandy Doily #DL276 ... Tiny Fanciful Flourish #B387 ... 
Fanciful Flourish Small #B117S ... Mini Fanciful Flourish Reverse #B291 

 
I've satisfied the 'stitches' theme by creating Faux Stitching around the outside of several panels as well as the stitching on my Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' die sentiment panels. 

The papers I've used today are SU Groovy Guava cs, Medium blue cs and Heartfelt Creations 'Sun-Kissed Collection' design paper.   A touch of diamond Stickles was added to my flourishes for a touch of sparkle.

Did you notice? ...  I also used the little flowers that were popped out of my Mandy Doily die to embellish my card ... couldn't bring myself to swish them away into the trash!  LOL!

 A few other challenges to share in:
Scrapy Land Challenge #21 - Anything Goes w/product they carry

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Now I'd better get on my way ... 
As always . . .

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Darlene, I adore the colours, wonderful!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I left a comment early this am and my connection was lost...so will try once again!! Beautifully done, you nailed the sketch and it doesn't look like an easy one! I love how you used the flowers, it is like they were made just for that spot...great job...oh love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I am in love. I am a die hoarder and I love this card and all the dies you used, great color choices this is a favorite card. I love it.. Thanks for letting me see it and sharing over at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card my friend! I really like the color combo and all those pretty flowers. Sorry I have not been around much in the past two weeks, had a really busy time with family and events. I'm glad to see that through the holiday and everything, that you are still finding the time to get creative! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Darlene, love how you used all the flowers that popped out your die cut frame and the touches of sparkle from your glitter. thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. I like the added detail of the flowers that were supposed to be trash. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Darlene, your stitches are the perfect embellishment. Love those colors! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors Darlene! Another beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty paper and color combo on your lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #21!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. Love all those elegant die cuts. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene