Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mojo Monday Birthday Card

Hello Friends!
Hope you're having a fabulous week!
Today I have a card to share that I made using this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch.
I was in need of a few birthday creation for the local Tea Shoppe
and thought this design would work perfectly.
What do you think? 


The sketch I worked from today is here:

I took the liberty of turning the sketch horizontally so my teapot
fit better and I like the end result.  
When using a sketch, I have a tendency to follow the sketch 'to the T'
but I'm getting better and expanding on the sketch concept
and adding a few extras or turning the orientation ... 
expanding my horizons you might say!  LOL
Inside View
I love the happy colors of this K&Co design paper!
I hope it brings a smile to the recipient.

A few other challenges to share in today are:
Cards in Envy Challenge - Birthday Party
Not Just Cards Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Medium blue cs, K&Co design paper, scrap of red holiday paper for tea pot
Stamps/Ink:  AMuse, The Stamp Pad Co., Stamping Sensations (inside verse)/Versafine Onyx
Dies:  Spellbinder 'Tea Service' #S5-076, Poppystamps 'Classic Ribbons' #1005,  Die-namites 'Party Banner' #DN-1277, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame Borders' #99124, Spellbinder Labels 17 (inside)
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, pop dots, Wilton paper doily, Gold Pilot Marker

11 comments:

  1. I love the design here and that sweet banner in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the colors and the repeat of the sentiment! Great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on thee sketch!! A fabulous card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! LOVE the colors, the banner and that teapot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your birthday celebration entry for Cards in Envy. So creative and perfect for someone who adores tea. Thanks for your entry and hope you'll join us again soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tea party birthday! How creative! Beautiful layers; I especially like your wonderful banners! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty this is, and I have a red tea pot almost like this one...love the banners too...and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, What a fun, cheery card! Love the dies you used for that cute banner and pretty butterfly. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy! (And, on another note, where in Ohio do you live? I'm from Central Ohio.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the cute teapot!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us this month at
    Not Just Cards
    One of our sponsors has set up a new challenge blog and we would be delighted to see you join us at Julia Spiri Challenge blog
    Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene