Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sisterhood of Crafters - School Time

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Agata is our hostess today and she has asked us to create with SCHOOL TIME in mind.  Yep ... it's that time of year and Agata is looking for 'anything school related'.

Here's what I came up with . . .


With not having children in school any longer (or grandchildren for that matter!  LOL)  ... I don't really have a lot of stash relating to school or school projects so I really had to go "IN SEARCH OF"!
I found this image in a Crafty Secrets  'Little Ones' Words from the Heart booklet of Heartwarming Expressions, Quotes and Words.  I thought this would work quite nicely with the colorful 'eraser' design paper I found while digging around!

After coloring my image with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I decided to keep my card relatively clean and simply by doing a bit of fussy cutting then popping it up using Heartfelt Creations extra thick pop dots onto a white panel cut using my new Spellbinder Celebrations 'Pierced Rectangles' dies.
I love the dimension this achieved!


I hope you'll come join in the fun and share your 'SCHOOL TIME' creations with us. In need of inspiration?  Please pop over to our challenge blog to see what my 'sistahs' have created ... some really cool ideas from these ladies!!

Challenges to share in:
 Scrap Creations Challenge - Back to School
Creative Colors Challenge #42 - Photo Inspiration
{Pin}spirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982012361671/
Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Back to School
Crafty Creations Challenge - Back to School


You have until September 6th - 8PM EST to share your creation!
Hope to see you there!
As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Your card is great and so creative. I love the dimension you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the CS image and colored so beautifully....perfect BG paper as well!! Another perfect challenge card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute image. Beautiful coloring and love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backpack and the way it's popped up. Adorable back to school card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for the challenge, Darlene! Like you, I'd have to get really creative to do a back to school card. No grandchildren here, either. I make lots of kid's cards, but they're all for my friends' grandkids. This is so very colorful and cute! I hope you find somebody to give it to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene, what a fantastic coloring job you did on the knapsack! I think it's the best sample I've ever seen done with the Little Ones Booklet, which are on clearance for .99 cents. I'm adding it to my blog post and the store samples.

    Thanks for sharing
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant project! Thanks so much for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Great card. But you forgot the ADD numbers on you're card. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

    hugs
    Claudia
    DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny card! Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational this week.
    Artsy-Arts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL. challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene