Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sisterhood - RAINBOWS

Hello Dear Friends!
Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over at 
One of our newest sisters ... Sandi Lee ... is our hostess today
and the theme she has chosen is
RAINBOWS
Here's what she had to say on the subject:
1939 - "The Wizard of Oz" premiered in Oconomowoc, WI
Judy Garland became famous for the movie's song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." 
The movie premiered in Hollywood on August 15th. 
To celebrate..lets see a RAINBOW on your creation.

So, here's what I've come up with ...

To get my mojo started, I popped over to Pinterest and did a search
on Rainbows.  There were some really beautiful images
pop up before me but when I saw THIS image
ألوان الطيف وقد كره بعض أهل العلم تسميتها " قوس قزح" لأن قزح هو الشيطان !!  Rainbow tree by Albin Bezjak, via 500px
I instantly thought of a Penny Black stamp I had in my stash!
 So, why not recreate something very similar, using my inks and stamps!


I began with a 4x4 piece of white cardstock,
sponged the entire piece with Tim Holtz 'tumbled glass' distress ink
then created my rainbow using various Tim Holtz
distress inks.  I stamped my Penny Black image using
Versafine Onyx ink and lastly matted both my image & sentiment with black card stock.

I also saw the sentiment used on another image and decided to 
recreate it in PhotoShop so I could have it in my files
for future use as well as for today's card.

I felt it needed 'something more' so decided to die cut
a couple Sue Wilson corners in white card stock and color them
in rainbow colors also.  LOVE how it accents my sentiment!  Perfect!

Challenges to share in:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #196 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge - Make Your Mark
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #129 - The Great Outdoors
 Crafting for all Seasons Challenge - Bright & Beautiful
Creative Moments Challenge - Anything Goes/Summer Sun
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Things with Wings

I hope you like what you see and will come join in our fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Marina Mist cs base, white cs, black cs
Stamp:  Penny Black 'Winter Sky'
Ink:  Tim Holtz distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, scattered straw, dusty concord, berries)
Accessories:  large & small sponge daubers, Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.