Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sisterhood - RAINBOWS

Hello Dear Friends!
Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over at 
One of our newest sisters ... Sandi Lee ... is our hostess today
and the theme she has chosen is
RAINBOWS
Here's what she had to say on the subject:
1939 - "The Wizard of Oz" premiered in Oconomowoc, WI
Judy Garland became famous for the movie's song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." 
The movie premiered in Hollywood on August 15th. 
To celebrate..lets see a RAINBOW on your creation.

So, here's what I've come up with ...

To get my mojo started, I popped over to Pinterest and did a search
on Rainbows.  There were some really beautiful images
pop up before me but when I saw THIS image
ألوان الطيف وقد كره بعض أهل العلم تسميتها " قوس قزح" لأن قزح هو الشيطان !!  Rainbow tree by Albin Bezjak, via 500px
I instantly thought of a Penny Black stamp I had in my stash!
 So, why not recreate something very similar, using my inks and stamps!


I began with a 4x4 piece of white cardstock,
sponged the entire piece with Tim Holtz 'tumbled glass' distress ink
then created my rainbow using various Tim Holtz
distress inks.  I stamped my Penny Black image using
Versafine Onyx ink and lastly matted both my image & sentiment with black card stock.

I also saw the sentiment used on another image and decided to 
recreate it in PhotoShop so I could have it in my files
for future use as well as for today's card.

I felt it needed 'something more' so decided to die cut
a couple Sue Wilson corners in white card stock and color them
in rainbow colors also.  LOVE how it accents my sentiment!  Perfect!

Challenges to share in:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #196 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge - Make Your Mark
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #129 - The Great Outdoors
 Crafting for all Seasons Challenge - Bright & Beautiful
Creative Moments Challenge - Anything Goes/Summer Sun
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Things with Wings

I hope you like what you see and will come join in our fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
As always ...

Recipe:
Papers:  SU Marina Mist cs base, white cs, black cs
Stamp:  Penny Black 'Winter Sky'
Ink:  Tim Holtz distress inks (tumbled glass, broken china, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, scattered straw, dusty concord, berries)
Accessories:  large & small sponge daubers, Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection corner

14 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! You have created the most beautiful image and the background is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely gorgeous! you really rock backgrounds! i may have to case this!

    GORGEOUS!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, wow, what a fab card. x
    Janice
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love rainbows and your card is fantastic! I LOVE it! your card is such a beautiful take on that pinterest photo you saw. So lovely indeed! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so creative and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a clever girl. Love the background and the corner die cuts. The sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, this is amazing! Your card image looks like a photograph! And then you went and made those pretty corner brackets for the sentiment. Too clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your stamp that you put on this card is AMAZING
    loveeee this silhouette stamp branch and birds
    totally great rainbow color behind the main Image
    your card really caught my eyes
    GREAT STUNNING card
    many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this week
    see you again next week
    hugs, Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous Darlene!! Love the rainbow looking background and your design is really stunning! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Darlene. Love the rainbow.. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe for our "The Great Outdoors Challenge" and we hope to see you again soon. Gale - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I love how you've used the stamp and rainbow. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a beautiful things with wings card
    thank you for playing along with our challenge over at FNF

    hugs Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the rainbow challenge.....very creative and of course gorgeous!!! Sorry it took me so long to get here, always inspiring to visit here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene