Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Double D Challenge ... Brrrr!

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge over on the new 'Double D Challenge Blog'.
Today Team Darlene (teeheehee that's me!) is hosting and these ladies have created some amazing projects!  Please come check it out and play along!  (I've even offered a prize to the winner!)

Our theme is:  BRRRRR!!!
and here's the Tile Board offered to help get your mojo started!

Well it is JANUARY and even though December was VERY mild, it looks like Old Man Winter will catch up with us sooner or later.  I remember winters growing up ... what fun!  My Dad always had a really cool sled riding path created for us (and all the neighborhood kids) to enjoy.  
I can remember one year when he made a 12 foot snowman (he actually made it a 'snow woman' ... WOW was my mom mad and made him 'fix' it!  lol)  From then on they were always your typical snowmen!

A couple of things caught my eye on this tile board ... 
obviously the snow & snowman ... but also the trees with the beautiful red cardinals.
So here's what I came up with.


I actually was able to use some of the scraps that were laying on my work table 
left over from the holidays.   For instance, the large snowflake panel.  I saw it laying there and decided that would be used for the center focus ... and went on from there.
This little sprig of snowflakes where cut off from the entire 'Snow Flurry' die cut piece so I accented my ribbon with it.  (Good Golly!  You would have thought I would have just thrown it away!  REALLY!!  Do I need to keep every little bit and piece???  Obviously I do!  LOL)


So there you have it ...
I do hope you'll come join in the challenge fun at Double D Challenges.

Challenges to share in:
 Creative Moments Challenge - ATG Twist/Let It Snow
Inspiration Destination Challenge - ATG
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge - ATG w/Winter or Christmas
 Clear It Out Challenge - Winter -add a snowflake
 
Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .


Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Medium blue cs, Red cs, Black cs, BoBunny 'Altitude' Collection dp
Dies:  Spellbinder 'Snowflakes View'  (S6-015), Marianne 'Snowman' (LR0246), Wild Rose Studio 'Snow Flurry' (WRS032), Memory Box 'Forest Crows' (99197)
Accessories:  Penny Black 'Snowy Park' stamp, Versafine Onyx ink,  Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, RRR 'Beautiful Blues' December collection,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.