background

Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Robyn's Fetish Challenge #297 -"ANYTHING GOES" - 01/03/2016

Happy New Year's Weekend Everyone!
It's a new year and time for a new, fun challenge at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog!

As you can see by my title, this week's challenge is
ANYTHING GOES

The lucky winner of today's challenge will receive their choice of 3 Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps from the ROBYN'S FETISH DIGITAL STAMPS AND MORE STORE!   So, you'll want to be sure and join in the fun!!

Today I had fun creation with the adorable image called 'Polar Bear Dad' ... how cute is he!
It seems he's a little late with his holiday caroling, lol!  
Or maybe he's just practicing for next year!


If you are anything like me, you still have some pieces & parts laying on your work table from making holiday creations and want to use them creativity NOW if at all possible.  
I've had this 'window scene' laying on the table for weeks ... and I thought it would work perfectly with our adorable Polar Bear Dad.  Hope you like it!

Here's a closer view of the window/dressing.

I just love the Martha Stewart Branch Punch for making window dressings like this one.
BUT I WAS IN A PANIC when creating this card!
My punch (Old & Well Used) BROKE!  
Yep, metal pieces came falling out!
OH NO!  What to do???
I quickly ran upstairs to dear hubby who immediately went onto Amazon.com ... found me a new MS punch for $10 (free shipping ... he has a prime account) and ordered it for me.   Whew!  It was here in 2 days (good thing I work ahead, lol).   As I walked out of the room he said "Merry Christmas"  LOL!

I sponged  white ink over the brown brick wall embossed panel for extra texture and a touch of Diamond Stickles gives the illusion of snow/ice on the top of the window.

By simply tearing a scrap panel of white card stock, I created the snow Polar Bear Dad is standing in.

Challenges to share in:
Allsorts Challenge - Anything NEW (MS punch)
Crafty Friends Challenge - Something NEW (MS punch)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Something NEW (MS punch)
Thanks so much for stopping by today and please pop over to Robyn's Fetish Store and Blog.  We'd also love to have you come join in our challenge fun.   YOU could even be our WINNER!  

As Always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Brown cs, Green cs
Stamps/Ink:  Stampin Up 'Lovely As a Tree', VersaMagic 'Cloud White'
Dies:  Poppystamps 'Sm. Madison Window' (#816)
Accessories:  Darice Brick Wall EF, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Recollections pop dots, large sponge dauber, Diamond & Red Stickles, White Liquid Pearls, MS Branch Punch


12 comments:

  1. Super cute scene....love everything about it, the background, the tree, the pretty window box and Mr Bear, too! Funny, but my MS branch punch broke several years ago, too....but I now use the Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip...bet you forgot about that in a pinch, didn't you...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Amazon Prime and a sweet husband ready and willing to help? How fortunate you are my friend! I love the window scene and am so glad you were able to replace your punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! And all ready for next Christmas! I loved my MS Branch Punch too well for too many years and it broke, as well. Die cutting is more reliable, I think, but takes longer to do a bunch. I'll have to check out that die Diane mentioned. Love Amazon Prime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be long before I start on this years Christmas cards either.
    This is such a cute one, I really like the realistic looking brick wall and the way you decorated the window and the indoors scene. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a darling image, Darlene! Great card design. What a wonderful hubby. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous scene! Fab make to kick off the New Year! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' and showcasing your 'New Stash'. So glad you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge of the New Year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dar! I hope you're doing well. Another super cute card, my friend. I wanted to stop by and, of course, re-invite you to stop by and share your wonderful cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always miss you when you don't link up, and hope that you will stop by again soon to join us there.......www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Also, you're also more than welcome to stop by and play along in these fun challenges where you card would also be SO PERFECT:
    CropStop - Anything Goes
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    V's Sweet Ideas - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
    www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Darlene, wonderful DT inspiration, love the little scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute Christmas card. I love your window design - this is just perfect for our 'New Stash/Occasion' theme this week. Ironically I actually bought the same punch to create a Christmas window design card for my mum's card this year:) It's a really useful punch too.

    Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your card with Crafty Friends 'Use Something New' Challenge... your card is lovely... happy new year and good luck in the challenge, Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'What's New' challenge week. The new challenge starts tomorrow, hope you join in again x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, love the sweet image and the tree behind the window. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends this time and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene