background

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Beautiful BLUE ... Just for YOU!

Happy Thursday Afternoon Everyone!
I've been contemplating this card creation all day and FINALLY 
have it completed!  I saw a few challenge I thought would
work well together and wanted to play along ...
but before I could get crafty I had some errands to run ... drat!

Anyways it's finally completed and ready to share with you all ...
Hope you like it ...


The challenges I'm referring to are:
 Scor-pal:More than One Score Challenge #23 - Pink or Blue it's up to you" 

Butterfly Challenge #48 - Butterflies+ S is for Stamping and/or Sapphire


Accidents happen ... 
and sometimes that's 'A Good Thing'!
That's what happened today with this card. 

 When I was scoring to make my gate fold card, I scored improperly which meant I had to move my score line over an 1/8' on each side ... drat!  It still isn't meeting in the middle ...
Hence the addition of the beautiful Sue Wilson Gemini Dies - Phoenix (CED4401) border on the left side front cover.

So now that I have this 1/8" fold on either side, I decided to make a pocket on the inside where you could add a message panel (as I have done) or even add a gift card.

AND, the 'Just For You' panel was originally cut to decorate that pocket on the inside ... but I think I like it on the front better ... What do you think?

I must admit I REALLY LIKE how this card looks ... and I've used NO design paper!  Simply card stock, stamps/ink, die cuts and embellishments. 

Product used:
Papers:  White cs, Royal Blue cs
Stamps/Ink:  Paper Inspirations 'Watercolor Pressed Flowers #H9736', Stampendous 'Friendly Messages Set #SWS017, Versafine 'majestic blue'
Dies/Punches:  Cheery Lynn Designs #B387 'Tiny Fanciful Flourish', #B291 'Mini Fanciful Flourish, #B117S 'Fanciful Flourish Small', Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Gemini Dies - Phoenix' #CED4401, Martha Stewart '3 in 1 Butterfly punch'
Accessories:  3M Dimensional Tape, Prima flowers, sequins, gems

Other challenges to share in:

Thanks so much for stopping by ... it is always so good to hear from you!
As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and elegant card! I love the deep blue colour and the card design is very innovative! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. An accident cleverly saved. Gate folds are amongst my favourite shaped cards.
    I like the flourish die cut to the front. Love all your stamping and the little butterflies. The message panel inside is a nice finishing touch. I love the whole card. Thankyou for fluttering by. You have used both the required elements and your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's beautiful! The blue is so eye catching. Wow! Love the fold and the border, as well as the stamps and dies. It came out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the Sue Wilson Design dies. I get the same dies today in the mail and can't wait to use them and you gave me more ideas now. Beautiful card and love the blue and white colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy accident, I say. I really like the blue and white, so clean and fresh. I like how it turned out and glad you managaged to get the dull stuff out of the way so you could get on with your crafty life.
    It is good to see you over at the Buttefly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Phoenix die on the left front border is absolutely gorgeous!! It was meant to be : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really love your card amazing colors together and that it also opens that way....just wonderful. Thank you so much playing with us at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Dar...love the stamping (so good to see you use your stamps)...and am loving the gorgeous blues and white! Amazing how an 'accident' can turn out meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene what a beautiful card. I really like the design of this. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Dar! What a gorgeous card. Love that bright blue against the white. So glad you join in our challenges here at Crafting With An Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene