background

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
I hope your day is filled with . . .

My day started out very sweetly by coming downstairs to find my dear husband had repurposed not only the box I made for him last year that I had filled with chocolate kisses but also the card I had made him which I simply signed LOVE YOU!     
I must confess ... even though he did 'repurpose' ... he exchanged the chocolate kisses for a pair of petite diamond earrings in the box ... what a SWEET, SWEET surprise!  Such a sweetheart!!  

Today I decided to play in a few LOVE(ly) challenges before the time slips away
and created this card using one of my new dies from Dies R Us.


The die cut I'm referring to is the Frantic Stamper Elementals #12 - Ovals and Filigree Frame.
Isn't it pretty and I didn't even use the several ovals that come in the center,
I wanted to use just the frame for simple elegance.  This card would even make for a pretty Wedding card.

I've also used the Poppystamps 'Heart Swoosh' die across the front.
My sentiment is from the Our Daily Bread 'Wedding Blessings' stamp set.

Here's a peek at the inside utilizing the cut outs from my dies.
The red & pink from the frame and the heart from the 'swoosh' die.

Now onto those challenge to share in:

Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Day Friday Challenge - Color Challenge Red, Pink, White
A Gem of a Challenge - Love is in the Air
Crazy 4 Challenges - Monochromatic using Pinks/Reds
Little Claire's Designs Challenge - Love and Marriage
 Die Cut Diva's - Love, Marriage & Anniversaries
Come and Get It Challenge - Love is in the Air
 

Have a WONDERFUL DAY!
As always . . .

10 comments:

  1. A mighty fine card Darlene, and diamonds beat chocolates any day! Great to see you on Come And Get It Challenges, Carol DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this card is so pretty!!! I LOVE that gorgeous die! Love anything filigree! And what a super husband! Diamond earrings???!!! AND he wanted you to have something beautiful and special to him to wrap it in, that he repurposed something you created him,... that meant something to him.... to give to you! That is super thoughtful and very sweet!

    Thanks for playing with us in our FFC over at Jo's Scrap Shack! Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jo - Owner
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty and perfect, Darlene! You used those dies beautifully. Heck of a Valentine present from your sweet hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! The cutting die is so intricate!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in our Crafty Calendar Challenge this is gorgeous! Hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty.! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful clean and simple design. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These die cuts are amazing and I love how you used them! Thank You for joining us at Crazy 4 Challenges. I hope you will visit us for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "love is in the air” challenge over at Come and Get it.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Wonderful die-cut you used for your card.
    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene