background

Monday, March 7, 2016

Use Your Stuff Challenge #213

** EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE **

I've been asked to be part of the team over on 'Use Your Stuff' challenge blog and I couldn't be happier.  I have SO MUCH STUFF that this is exactly what I need to blow the dust off some of this stuff and get busy creating.  LOL!

The new team members were only debuted today but you know me ... Mrs. Impatient ...
so I just JUMPED RIGHT in and create a card to share.

This week's theme is:  Ribbon, Twine, Lace


I chose lace and twine for today's creation.

I've had a few sheets of vintage images that I purchase a good while back from PION design called 'From Grandma's Attic - tinted'.  They are all just adorable and I was also able to use some of the free design paper I received in a Quick Cards magazine called 'Parisian Dreams'.

I thought the pink in these little ladies dresses went perfectly with this paper and the little touches of green leaves in the paper determined my matting/accent color.  

If this is a new challenge blog to you as it was to me not so long ago,
please come check it out and by all means PLAY ALONG!!  
The rules are simple . . . follow the theme and USE YOUR STUFF!
Who knows ... YOU might be FEATURED for what you create!
Please click HERE to see what's happening.

Challenges to share in:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #29 Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge - Make a card
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
 A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Pile It On! - Green & Two Other Colors (green, pink, white)

Well, that's it for me today! 
Busy week planned ahead so I'd better get hoppin!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Lime green cs, Parisian Dreams dp,
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Happy' and 'Birthday'
Accessories:  Baker's twine, Self sticking lace ribbon, Kaiser pearls






12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Birthday card.. love your sweet combo colour choice.. <3 Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #29.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and Good Luck at the draw.. <3 :D

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, don't we all have a lot of stuff to use! You'll have fun with this. Beautiful card, Darlene. Adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Darlene! Such a lovely, sweet, endearing vintage card! The pink background works brilliantly with the little girls! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Make a Card".
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being chosen to be on the use your stuff design team. I love your card and the photo. Great look. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love, love the vintage feel of this beauty. What a beauty and eye catching details. Beautifully crafted. Thanks for your visit and lovely comment.
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love that sweet image and the papers are so pretty. Love that trim too. And congratulations my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What a sweat image- love the colors you chose for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great vintage card Darlene:). Super cute paper. Love the green color accent... So springy!
    Congrats on the new DT Teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card and love the lace, perfect for the image...(I remember when you bought those...I think)..great job my friend, and congrats on being on the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Darlene! Congrats on your DT position! That is awesome. Can't wait to see more of your fabulous creations. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!! I hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your new DT! what great news! and of course they are super lucky to have you join them. :)

    I love the vintage feel of this beautiful card. those little girls are as sweet as can be!

    Thank you for joining our 'Make a Card' Challenge at Crafts Galore Encore! :) nice to see a familiar face in my numbers to comment upon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the DT spot, I'll have to check out this blog. This is a really lovely card and I love the lettering.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes March link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene