background

Monday, March 21, 2016

Use Your Stuff - Quotes

Hello & Happy Monday Everyone!

There's a new challenge today at the Use Your Stuff Blog and I love the theme . . .

INSPIRED BY A QUOTE
You don't have to put the quote on your project 
but you do need to let them know what it is!

I decided to use the quote as the focus of my card.

This quote panel actually came from a 12x12 sheet of 7Gypsies designer paper called
Gypsy Moments Collection:  A Novel Thought

I reached back into my OLDIES for this 2 sided Stampin' Up background snippet.  
I have a stack of 6x6 papers that I bought at a garage sale several years ago
so I can't tell you what the actual paper pack name is/was. Sorry!   But you see BOTH sides here
because the panel I cut off I simply flipped over and used as a dividing panel.

To create my 'Bird on a Branch' embellishment, I've actually die cut the Impression Obsession 'Bird on a Branch' twice then cut snippets from the second cut for added branches.

Challenges to share in:

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
It's always so nice to find amazing inspiration from everyone's creativity!
Thanks for stopping by ... have a fabulous week!
As always . . .

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Darlene and what a wonderful quote! I also love how you created the bird and branch silhouette in white - so effective!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bird on a Branch is perfect with this, and I really love the quote/image. What a fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOve your colours and design..Such a Wonderful quote too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely adorable tag card Darlene. What a lovely quote too.Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote and the bird die couldn't be any more perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your card on Word Art Wednesday and wanted to pop over and say how beautiful it is! Love the quote and the bird theme! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Darlene. I love it so much, and can't thank you enough for sharing it in our challenge. I would love to have you stop by my blog to say hello if you get a spare moment. I sure would appreciate it. Have a blessed week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene