Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sisterhood Challenge - 'Let's Get In Shape'

Hello All!
Today brings a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
'Sistah' Diane is our hostess today and she's asked us to 'Get In Shape'!
No she doesn't expect you to put on your sweat pants and go outdoors for a jog ... BUT,
she is asking you to create using any shape other than rectangular or square!

Now I must admit I'm guilty of rarely creating a shaped card so today's
challenge has MADE me think outside the box!  I decided to use the Spellbinder Nestabilities
'Majestic Circles' for my shape and I love how it came together!


What a sweet little card this turned into and perfect for that
added note I want to place inside a gift I'm giving to friends we are visiting soon.

I die cut the BASE white card using the largest decorative circle ...
then cut the '2nd largest' die with my peach colored card stock only to find the
scrap I used wasn't large enough to use the large die cut again to cut the outter
edge ... so I quickly ran my Fiskars swivel craft knife closely around the 
decorative design and VIOLA!    Whew!!

My floral element was cut from white card stock using the Spellbinder D-Lites
'Asters & Poppies' die then colored using just the inks that remained
in my sponge daubers for these colors.  My sentiment comes from the Inspired by Stamping
'Words of Inspiration' stamp set and a few sequins were all the embellishment
I thought was needed.  Hope you like it!!

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes (6/1)
Inky Chicks Challenge - Anything but square & your favorite stamp (love my sentiment stamps!)
{PIN}spirational Challenge - Anything Goes (6/6)

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!  I could sure use the inspiration 
so look forward to seeing what you all create!!

As always . . .

Recipe:

Paper:  White cs, Peach cs
Accessories:  Spellbinder Nestabilities 'Majestic Circles' #S4-420, Spellbinder D-Lites 'Asters & Poppies' #S3-206, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Versafine Onyx, Inspired by Stamping 'Words of Inspiration, orange sequins, sponge daubers, Fiskars swivel craft knife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.