Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sisterhood of Crafters - NO designer paper

Happy May Morning All!

Today begins a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Lisa B is our hostess today and the theme she chose is

NO DESIGNER PAPER
(create your own design with stencils, stamps, watercolor etc. but no pre-printed paper)

I had a lot of fun using my metal dies, ink and sponge daubers
to create today's card.  It was quick, easy as well as fun and pretty.


I probably would never have thought to do this if it hadn't
been that I was NOT ALLOWED to reach for my designer papers.
And, you could use ANY sentiment with 
this sort of design ... which is a big PLUS in my mind!

With so few layers, I thought it
would be good to POP UP each panel for
added dimension.  The full background panel
is popped up as well as the frame.

By simply adding a touch of glue to
the butterflies that touch the frame, that too
gave an illusion of more dimension.

I thought it best to add just a touch of color
to the frame so that it would POP.
And even with the added dimension, this card
is easily mailed with a single stamp.

I'm really anxious to see what
the team and you folks create without
the use of designer paper.  I have no doubt
this will be an inspiration to all to
really 'challenge' ourselves and
think outside the box.  I don't know about 
you but a lot of times, I reach for
those gorgeous pre-printed papers to use as my anchor point and build from there.   I really had to give this theme a thought before beginning and am very happy with the outcome.

I do hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
I truly look forward to seeing everyone's creations and drawing inspiration ... Lord knows I could use some additional inspiration these days!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Artistic Inspirations Challenge #156 - Anything Goes / Use a Die Cut
 Crafting From The Heart Challenge #111 - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #311 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a fabulous day!
As always . . .

Recipe:

Papers:  White cs
Dies:  Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' #99078, Impression Obsession 'Rectangle 6-in-1 Frame' #DIE242, Spellbinder 'Pierced Rectangles' #SCD-012, Spellbinder 'Classic Circles'
Inks:  Tim Holtz, 'Scattered Straw', 'Wilted Violet', 'Picked Raspberry', 'Salty Ocean', 'Spiced Marmalade', Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  large & small sponge daubers, 3M dimensional tape, Stampendous sentiment stamp,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.