background

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sisterhood of Crafters - NO designer paper

Happy May Morning All!

Today begins a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Lisa B is our hostess today and the theme she chose is

NO DESIGNER PAPER
(create your own design with stencils, stamps, watercolor etc. but no pre-printed paper)

I had a lot of fun using my metal dies, ink and sponge daubers
to create today's card.  It was quick, easy as well as fun and pretty.


I probably would never have thought to do this if it hadn't
been that I was NOT ALLOWED to reach for my designer papers.
And, you could use ANY sentiment with 
this sort of design ... which is a big PLUS in my mind!

With so few layers, I thought it
would be good to POP UP each panel for
added dimension.  The full background panel
is popped up as well as the frame.

By simply adding a touch of glue to
the butterflies that touch the frame, that too
gave an illusion of more dimension.

I thought it best to add just a touch of color
to the frame so that it would POP.
And even with the added dimension, this card
is easily mailed with a single stamp.

I'm really anxious to see what
the team and you folks create without
the use of designer paper.  I have no doubt
this will be an inspiration to all to
really 'challenge' ourselves and
think outside the box.  I don't know about 
you but a lot of times, I reach for
those gorgeous pre-printed papers to use as my anchor point and build from there.   I really had to give this theme a thought before beginning and am very happy with the outcome.

I do hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
I truly look forward to seeing everyone's creations and drawing inspiration ... Lord knows I could use some additional inspiration these days!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Artistic Inspirations Challenge #156 - Anything Goes / Use a Die Cut
 Crafting From The Heart Challenge #111 - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #311 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a fabulous day!
As always . . .

Recipe:

Papers:  White cs
Dies:  Memory Box 'Fairyland Butterflies' #99078, Impression Obsession 'Rectangle 6-in-1 Frame' #DIE242, Spellbinder 'Pierced Rectangles' #SCD-012, Spellbinder 'Classic Circles'
Inks:  Tim Holtz, 'Scattered Straw', 'Wilted Violet', 'Picked Raspberry', 'Salty Ocean', 'Spiced Marmalade', Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  large & small sponge daubers, 3M dimensional tape, Stampendous sentiment stamp,

14 comments:

  1. Wonderfully created background...so unique and pretty...I never even thought of a background besides the EB folder...so I loved seeing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty girl. I love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cool different shapes for the background and love the color combo's, cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous! Love the frame and your beautiful butterflies, the colors are amazing! YOU have a great day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sponging and use of color. You achieved wonderful dimension the way you used the colorful butterflies and frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! LOVE the butterflies and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Darlene, this is so cool! Love those colorful butterflies and the cute frame at a jaunty angle. And the background is so FUN! Really love the sentiment which could be for so many different occasions. The curvy lines of the sentiment go so well with the rest of the design. Just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! I love your composition and colors. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is fab! Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card love the design and colours-beautiful butterflies---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene, I saw your card on the Craft Your Passions website and just had to have a closer look. This is gorgeous! Love all the bright colors, and your unique "out of the box" design. I can learn a lot by watching you!
    Blessings,
    Ginny B

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card and love that background! All those butterflies are so pretty! Sorry I have not been around to visit but I have been very ill and just starting to feel a bit better. Trying to make it through some email and blogs. But have a doctor appointment here in about 30 minutes so hoping all goes well and no more bad news! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene