Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Double D Challenge - Shades of Purple

Happy Wednesday All!
It's time for a new, fun challenge at the 

Today's theme is:

SHADES OF PURPLE

and here's a peek at our Inspiration Board ...


Anyone who knows me, knows that PURPLE is my all time favorite color!
My phone is purple, my purse is purple, my wallet is purple,
my crafting cave is purple ... heck even my 30 year old bowling ball is purple!  LOL
I'm sure you get the picture!


 The main focus die I have used today is the
Sue Wilson 'Frames & Tags - Hannah' #CED4309

And the sentiment die I've used is the
Sue Wilson 'Just A Note' #CED5407















There are so many ways you can create with a die set such as this Hannah set ... but today I chose to use only a couple of the
dies to create my focus panel.

The little hearts cut out so I saved them and colored them with my Spectrum Noir
Alcohol marker PL3 to help achieve a variety of purple colors.
After die cutting my sentiment, I also used the same marker to color it
and tie in with the corner hearts.


Another die set I used is the Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bunch of Flowers 4  #1030

*NEW - Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Bunch Of Flowers 4


As you can see, there are 3 different styles of flowers in this set
and by simply sponging the edges with Tim Holtz 'Wilted Violet' distress ink
before shaping ... I have once again achieved another shade of
purple as well as added dimension.

So there you have it!
Now it's your turn and I can't wait to see YOUR purple creation!

REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one
lucky player which will be chosen by Random.org.
ALL are welcome to enter, we will ship international!


Today's prize is this fabulous Crafty Secrets
Words from the Heart
Love and Friendship Booklet

So be sure to come join in the fun!  YOU could be our winner!!
See you there!!

Challenges to share in:
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Retarte Challenge #81 - Anything Goes
Craft-Dee Bowz July Challenge - ATG w/handmade bow
Use Your Stuff Challenge - Die Cuts and/or Punches

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a fabulous day and week ahead!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, deep purple cs, DCWV purple gingham dp
Accessories:  Dies as mentioned above, Kaiser purple pearl, Michael's purple gingham ribbon, HFC pop dots, Spectrum Noir alcohol marker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.