Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A few more comforting words . . .

WOW the last day of August ...
where does the time go?

Yesterday I shared some sympathy cards I was working on
and after a recommendation from my good friend Diane Hover (Nellie's Nest)
I have created a few more which were inspired by a card she created 
and shared on her blog seen HERE.

As you can see, each card is the same design with the exception of the designer paper used in the background.  Several years ago a SU friend of mine was offering stacks of 6x6 SU papers she had compiled from various 12x12 packs and I just happen to run across them in my stash and thought they would be perfect!  And they were!


Here's a closer view of one of the cards along with a view of the inside.Yes they too are all the same but of course have the coordinating butterflies on the inside. 



The die used to create these cards is the Memory Box 'Reverse Butterfly Collage' and the additional butterflies were punched using the Martha Stewart '3-in-1 butterfly punch'.   The sentiment on the front is an old Impression Obsession 'Sympathy Sentiments' #CL114 and the inside sentiment is a stamp from 'My Sentiments Exactly' #H166.

These cards are quick, easy and turned out beautifully!

 Challenges to share in today are:

Deep Ocean Challenge - Things with Wings
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge - Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge - Butterflies
Inky Chicks Challenge - Lots of Butterflies 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

 Thanks so much for stopping by today and I wish you a fabulous day ahead!
As always . . .


8 comments:

  1. Morning Darlene
    What gorgeous cards I love the butterfly die it could be used for any occasion xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are simply FABULOUS! I have the Butterfly Exhibit MB die, quite similar to this in reverse! Soooo PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love these pretty colors and how well and easy it all goes together....yep love these my friend (and thanks for the 'plug'..lol)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, WOW! These are all so pretty! That little bit of print showing through is really nice. The butterfly punch is so perfect with this die. I need to get my hands on that one, if possible, even though I'm clearing out most of my punches. Keeping a few often used and loved punches. This would be one of those. Absolutely beautiful cards, Darlene, and way to get on those sympathy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of these are gorgeous, like you, I think time flies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my they are just lovely and like the designer paper used behind and for the butterflies that are popped up, great inside touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These cards are absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene