background

Monday, August 29, 2016

Never Enough Birthday Cards . . .

Happy Monday All!
WOW what a crazy week I had last week between getting together with High School friends for an Alumni Reunion and my 1st Cousins/Full Family Reunion ... I made a lot of trips to Pennsylvania and did a LOT of talking 
(not a difficult task for me mind you!  lol)

Anyways, now I really need to get down to business with my card making because we all know how time can get away from us and I have the Fall Country Club Show on Sept. 21st.   My supply of Birthday cards has dwindled so I'm concentrating on those at the moment.  We never seem to have enough Birthday cards ... why is that??  LOL






















Here's a few I made quickly the other day using a beautiful new paper pack I purchased through JoAnn.com by Dovecrafty called 'Bohemian' (thanks Diane Hover) ... it is gorgeous so of course I had to buy both the 6x6 and the 12x12 paper packs.  I think I'll be making a few tissue box covers from the 12x12 size for the show also.

Last week I shared a card  that I created for the Sisterhood of Crafters (seen here) ...


 ... as soon as one of my high school friends saw it she wanted to purchase it.  That gave me the idea that maybe it would be wise to do up a few more in this design and have them available for the show.  So I made 2 in pink and 1 in blue ... will probably make up a few more in the black & white also ...


 Using the Tattered Lace 'Roxie' fairy die, Martha Stewart '3 in 1' butterfly punch and Wild Rose Studio 'Birthday' #WRS020.

The ribbons I have used are from various packs purchased through the Really Reasonable Ribbons club.












Today I have time to play in my crafting cave so I think I will concentrate on sympathy cards.  Unfortunately, that is yet another category I can't seem to keep enough available on hand.

A few challenges to share in:
613 Avenue Creates Challenge - Anything Goes 
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes

I hope you have a fabulous week ahead.
As always . . .

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, look at you go! Beautiful birthday cards and I love how you added the strip of DP to the inside left of the card. I never think to do that, tsk tsk. Not surprised that your fairy card got snatched right up. It's one of my faves that you've done (and there are many). So pretty in pink and blue, too. When I was selling cards at work the Bday and sympathy cards were the most in demand. I hope when I get my stamp room cleared out and redone I'll enjoy spending time in there. It's such a small room and so crowded! Have a happy day in your cave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and yes that paper is gorgeous...love your pretty fairy cards too, what a fun die! Looks like you have been on a creative roll for sure, it must agree with you to have me gone...lol...but I made a note to leave you alone and keep quiet so you can get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow Darlene these are all gorgeous!!!! I really love the simple strip on the inside of the card too, such a beautiful accent to carry the beautiful design over .... such gorgeous work my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I'm always needing those birthday cards. I try to have some put back but always seem to have one pop up that I forgot. So I'm always trying to play catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Loving your birthday cards, the bright happy colors and the wonderful designs! I don't know how you are always so busy yet always have a stack of cards to share....you AHmaze me girl! Ooooh and I have been meaning to say LOVE your black and white header = PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Darlene. I love that fairy die. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is some pretty paper, I can see why you wanted to buy them, they make for some gorgeous birthday cards, love the way you did the insides too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You paper and die combinations are fabs! So many interesting elements brought together in a very cohesive design! Nice work! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene