background

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Double D - Down on the Farm . . .

Hello Dear Friends
Today Team Diane is hosting a new challenge over on

Today's theme is

DOWN ON THE FARM

and check out this fabulous tile board Diane 
created for your inspiration.


Being raised on a small farm myself, we had
your usual farm animals (cows, pigs, chickens, geese, horses, sheep) ...
not in large numbers mind you ... just a few of each over the years.
So today, I thought about our farm fresh eggs (which I can
now get from my daughter's chickens) and my dad's tractor.  
I can't tell you how many times I rode on the fender of that old tractor 
headed down in the woods to help Dad do some clean up.


I hope you'll pop over to our challenge blog and check out
what the ladies have created for your inspiration today ... these girls are so talented!
Then, come join in the fun ... we can't wait to see your interpretation of the theme & tile board!


Did you know they have a PRIZE GIVEAWAY which is chosen by Random.org
in addition to honor badges given to a Top Creative Winner and Top 3 Favorites chosen by the design team.


Come on over and join in the fun!
You will have until Sept. 18th to play!

Challenges to join in:
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes (9/14)
The Ribbon Girl September Card Challenge - ATG Card+Ribbon (9/17)
 A Gem of a Challenge #177 - Ribbon, Lace or Twine (9/16)
Polkadoodles Craft Challenge #35 - ATG or Something Beginning with F (Farm) (9/9)

Have a fabulous week!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Red cs, Brown cs, JoAnn Fabrics dp
Images:  Crafty Secrets
Accessories:  Red gingham ribbon, red/white bakers twine, SU markers, Dimensional tape


15 comments:

  1. Fabulous 'down on the farm' card...love those chickens, tractor and of course the perfect finish is that gingham ribbon! A perfect 'farm life' card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this chookie die too, I love it and need to find one...we had a lot of chooks too and now dad is gone I miss him and the chooks...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is so cute. Love the chickens and they bring back so many memories of the ones we raised. Great job and truly country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the best images for your cards. the background paper is perfect with the chicken image and the tractor and chicken dies. Fabulous farm scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card and the image is lovely, I love the chicken dies. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card design, Dar, and it really does look like a farm scene with those traditional colors - I can almost smell the chicken coop! LOL I would love to ride the fender of our tractor, but alas, I'm just too clumsy to climb upon it. We still have 3 tractors here, small medium and large LOL My husband uses them all even though we no longer have farm animals. Your design is delightful, and I can see the inspiration beautifully! Thanks for sharing about your childhood and enjoy some of those farm fresh eggs for me! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sentiment is so true about the farm being where the best memories grow. Your card and Diane's have evoked many wonderful memories of my time on the farm in southwest Missouri. It was the best part of my childhood, and as an adult I had recurring dreams about it and the fiercest longing to experience the peace of that life again. I know I was feeling a bit stressed at the time. All is well now and I'm happy where I am. Peace at last! What an awesome card to bring back those memories. I love the chicken dies and the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vintage card Darlene! Gorgeous image and layout. The gingham ribbon is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card and love the vintage papers. Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab project Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card.
    Thanks for playing along with The Ribbon Girl September card challenge.
    Hugs. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful farm card, that image is a great vintage image and love the die cut tractor and chicken too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is some homespun fabulousness! Love the chickens in the photo and the dies are a perfect match! The red and white gingham ribbon lends such homeyness and warmth. Such a FUN inspirational tile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene